[SOLVED] Any significant difference in sff to mid-tower computer light usage?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I already have a Dell 3010 SFF I3 8gb that works fine for what I do. Mostly went with a SFF because it fit on my shelf. Now I am looking at purchasing another refurbished desktop pc for the bedroom where I have more space and am wondering as I don't do gaming, etc; just use it for reading stuff online. I'm only looking at spending around $100 and the Dell 3010 seems pretty reliable, the tower desktops in this price range used mixed reviews, so wanted to know if there are any advantages in a larger form factor?

Solution
There are only three advantages I can think of. They are more upgradable. You'll have some flexibility finding repair parts. Namely you can use an aftermarket power supply. It may be quieter as it can use a larger cooling fan. But that's only if the manufacturer used a larger fan for cooling.
There are only three advantages I can think of. They are more upgradable. You'll have some flexibility finding repair parts. Namely you can use an aftermarket power supply. It may be quieter as it can use a larger cooling fan. But that's only if the manufacturer used a larger fan for cooling.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS