Any solutions yet to Mobile P4 x12 Lock in Desktop Boards?

I have an DFI Lanparty 865pe mainboard and an Mobile P4 3.06ghz but the
best speed I have been able to get is 2.03ghz with the ddr 400 ram
running at 419 mhz.
The bios has settings for the memory speed but this doesnt seem to
affect the actual speed reportted. anyone familliar with this board /
cpu can give me some ideas as how to get a litthe more speed from this
setup?
Thanks.
ophillips.

<ophillips@yahoo.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>I have an DFI Lanparty 865pe mainboard and an Mobile P4 3.06ghz but the
> best speed I have been able to get is 2.03ghz with the ddr 400 ram
> running at 419 mhz.
> The bios has settings for the memory speed but this doesnt seem to
> affect the actual speed reportted. anyone familliar with this board /
> cpu can give me some ideas as how to get a litthe more speed from this
> setup?
> Thanks.
> ophillips.

Hey,

what FSB are you at ? Pls. post a complete a Cpu-z report.

Some usefull information, I think:

http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/sutra601093.html

G.

umber of CPUs 1
Name Intel Pentium 4
Code Name Northwood
Specification Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
Family / Model / Stepping F 2 9
Extended Family / Model 0 0
Brand ID 8
Package mPGA-478
Core Stepping D1
Technology 0.13 µ
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, SSE, SSE2
CPU Clock Speed 1600.5 MHz
Clock multiplier x 12.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 133.4 MHz
Bus Speed 533.5 MHz
L1 Data Cache 8 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Trace Cache 12 Kµops, 8-way set associative
L2 Cache 512 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 1600.5 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 256 bits

Mainboard and chipset
Motherboard manufacturer
Motherboard model I865PE-W83627,
BIOS vendor Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS revision 6.00 PG
BIOS release date 04/09/2004
Chipset Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P rev. A2
Southbridge Intel 82801EB (ICH5) rev. 02
Sensor chip Winbond W83627HF
FSB Select 533 MHz
Performance Mode enabled
Graphic Interface AGP
AGP Status enabled, rev. 3.0
AGP Data Transfer Rate 8x
AGP Max Rate 8x
AGP Side Band Addressing supported, enabled
AGP Aperture Size 128 MBytes

Memory
DRAM Type DDR-SDRAM
DRAM Size 1024 MBytes
DRAM Frequency 166.7 MHz
FSB:DRAM 4:5
CAS# Latency 2.0 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 2 clocks
RAS# Precharge 2 clocks
Cycle Time (TRAS) 5 clocks
# of memory modules 2
Module 0 Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC2700 - 512 MBytes
Module 1 Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC2700 - 512 MBytes

Software
Windows version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build
2600)
DirectX version 9.0c

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

ophillips@yahoo.com wrote:
> CPU Clock Speed 1600.5 MHz
> Clock multiplier x 12.0
> Front Side Bus Frequency 133.4 MHz
> Bus Speed 533.5 MHz
>
> Chipset Intel i865PE

At least you can let this board run at 800 MHz FSB, this gives you an extra
800 MHz from this CPU. Even 1000 MHz is possible (i know my LanParty 875P
does it), as long as you set yr memory dividers well.

1000 / 533 X 1600 = 3 GHz...

--
Grtz,
Thomas.