Question Any SSD brands still using same parts as reviewed??

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Been so many ssd brands changing and swapping parts at will, slashing endurance ratings quietly and so on and so on....

anything out there still being released as they were first made? i don't think i have seen anything about samsung doing anything that would reduce performance or endurance (think i read they changed a controller in a drive but it was to a better one...). i read a lot of reviews and such before buying but they seem useless right now if everyone has changed the drives since they've been reviewed.

just wondering if anyone deserves my money as it seems most everything i was looking at buying has been changed lately negatively effecting performance.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
was looking at the WD sn550 but they've changed, also the PNY drives have changed i was looking at.

guess i just gonna have to spend the premium money and just get a samsung 970 or maybe the 960.

what crucial drive is worth it? don't recall much in reviews of their stuff

edit: and i am looking for a 3.0 m.2 drive since it kid of matters :)

was looking at the WD sn550 but they've changed, also the PNY drives have changed i was looking at.

guess i just gonna have to spend the premium money and just get a samsung 970 or maybe the 960.

what crucial drive is worth it? don't recall much in reviews of their stuff

edit: and i am looking for a 3.0 m.2 drive since it kid of matters :)
For crucial look at the mx series or the p5 series.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i don't mind a part swap if performance is the same or close. some of these changes are very dramatic and dramatically change the drive (and never for the better). not a fan of them sneaking the changes in with keeping the same model numbers and such. i won't support a company that is willing to "trick" me like that.

i just want what i am paying for and not something else with the same sticker on it.

looks like it'll prob be the 970 evo plus for me i guess. more than i wanted to spend but it's worth it i guess to know what i am getting. ...

on ssd drives I’m getting what is cheap. We’ve used a few 1tb wd blue 2.5 ssd drives at work that seem good, so I just used one in a friend’s system that I upgraded.

In my personal system I’ve got a 256gb Samsung 960 evo nvme drive. For storage I have a 1tb team group ax2 2.5 ssd, and some type of 1tb pny 2.5 ssd. I’ve had the nvme 2-3 years, but the 2 1tb drives I got this year. I got the team group on Amazon I think for 80, you can get them for 77 something now. Just got the pny for 65 off of eBay. It was listed as new and still came with the factory seal, so it was a good price to get the last hard drive out.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i've got a PNY sata ssd now and i like it, which is why i was looking at their nvme drives. but alas seems they have changed the parts not too long ago and dramatically dropped the performance and endurance yet the price still went up.

not opposed to buying budget drives at all. just opposed to buying something that is not the same as what is advertised and sent out for review. which sadly just about everyone seems to have done lately. :(