[SOLVED] Any success with a 3600 RAM kit for Asus TUF X570 & 2700X must work to spec - plug & play?

SOlidwire

Commendable
Feb 11, 2020
Has anyone accomplished this? Successfully? Success meaning running at 3600 with stock timings and little configuration? If so please provide ram Name/ Part Number. Really appreciate input from those who were brave enough... "to go where no man has gone before" - Old enough to be OG Star Trek!
Background and why?
My X470 board smoked and took ram with it... So I only started this process due to the smoked mobo. I was going to, and still will, replace the 2700X in a year or two with 3950 or whatever makes sense then. But I'd rather not have to replace the ram then also.
Before the ducks start quacking...
I'm very familiar with the QVL's of both mobo and CPU, or should I say all 4 QVL's - ASUS & AMD both have 2 - 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen QVL's for the X570 chipset. One of the points regarding QVL's that seems to get lost in the forums is that QVL's are fluid... especially while the product line has barely stopped teething...
So I would consider something off of the QVL if it worked plug & play AND runs at specification or very close. AND NO they wouldn't already necessarily have it on the QVL list already - they can only test X amount of memory. Optimally someone will present a RAM Kit meeting the criteria that is on both ASUS and AMD QVL list for 3rd Gen.
Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated.
Don - The SOlidwire

Solution
Has anyone accomplished this? Successfully? Success meaning running at 3600 with stock timings and little configuration? If so please provide ram Name/ Part Number. Really appreciate input from those who were brave enough... "to go where no man has gone before" - Old enough to be OG Star Trek!
Background and why?
My X470 board smoked and took ram with it... So I only started this process due to the smoked mobo. I was going to, and still will, replace the 2700X in a year or two with 3950 or whatever makes sense then. But I'd rather not have to replace the ram then also.
I'm very familiar with the QVL's of both mobo and CPU, or should I say all 4 QVL's - ASUS & AMD both have 2 - 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen...
Background and why?
I'm very familiar with the QVL's of both mobo and CPU, or should I say all 4 QVL's - ASUS & AMD both have 2 - 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen QVL's for the X570 chipset. One of the points regarding QVL's that seems to get lost in the forums is that QVL's are fluid... especially while the product line has barely stopped teething...
So I would consider something off of the QVL if it worked plug & play AND runs at specification or very close. AND NO they wouldn't already necessarily have it on the QVL list already - they can only test X amount of memory. Optimally someone will present a RAM Kit meeting the criteria that is on both ASUS and AMD QVL list for 3rd Gen.
Your time and consideration is greatly appreciated.
Don - The SOlidwire
The fastest speed you are likely to ever reach with your 2700X is 3466MT/s with 2x8GB. If running 4x8GB you likely won't reach higher than 2933/3000MT/s. 3200MT/s with Ryzen 2000 is pretty much the highest most people can achieve and still be stable unless using high quality ram that uses Samsung B-die or Hynix AFR (A-die.)

Solution