Any such thing as an internal SD reader with USB 3.1 Gen 2 10 Gbps transfer rate?

Mar 5, 2018
I'm putting together a Ryzen system and import a lot of photos. I'd love to have an internal reader mounted in the drive bay that takes advantage of the 10 Gbps transfer speed available on the Asus Prime B350 Plus motherboard I'm utilizing, but I have spent half the night looking for one and I can't find squat. External readers exist, but even they are hard to find. A lot of vendors advertise 3.1, but in the specs they clarify they're Gen 1 at 5 Gbps (both internal and external). I truly never thought that the card reader was going to be the unsurpassable obstacle in this build. Thanks in advance.

Solution
The fastest sd cards on the planet top out at 300mb/s read & 250 mb/s write so you're essentially creating a problem for yourself where one doesn't exist.

Usb 3 in it's first iteration is fast enough for those transfer speeds - you simply don't need the 10 gb/s bandwidth of 3.1 gen 2.
The fastest sd cards on the planet top out at 300mb/s read & 250 mb/s write so you're essentially creating a problem for yourself where one doesn't exist.

Usb 3 in it's first iteration is fast enough for those transfer speeds - you simply don't need the 10 gb/s bandwidth of 3.1 gen 2.

Solution