[SOLVED] Any suggestions on changes to my draft build

Mar 29, 2019
I'm looking to build my first PC, this is the draft I've created through the research I've done. I'm looking for any tips on improvements I can make and I was recommended to come here.

I wanted a future-proof system with the capability to run whatever I wanted on good settings for years to come. I understand there are better value systems out there but I had a unique budget that fit the build well.

Part list and info:

CPU: i7 9700K
No hyperthredding was concerning, however I saw reviews talking about how it isn't a big concern and the extra boost in performance on top of the 2 more cores makes it still better than the 8700K.

CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB Platinum 280mm Water Cooling
280mm was recommended over 240mm and RGB

Motherboard: ASUS Z390-A ATX
9th gen, supports RGB, compatible, integrated WiFi and supports overclocking.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz DDR4
Good price, 3200MHz and RGB

Storage: Samsung 970 evo plus M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB
Motherboard supports installation of M.2 SSD's, fast, cheaper than some other fast SSD's. Plan to get more storage at a later date.

Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB ROG Strix gaming OC
I mean its an RTX 2080 and its overclocked, do I need to say more

Case: Deepcool MATTREX 55 A-RGB full tower case:
One of he bigger concern is this,
Pros: Comes with 3 decent fans, looks good has space for 280mm water cooler
Cons: Seen reviews saying the cable management is bad, annoying PSU system (only supports length of max 170mm) and kinda unreliable (i dont know what to expect)
Even after all that I am still open to give it a go unless i am told otherwise.

Power Supply: Corsair RM750x Gold 750W
Fully modular, reliable brand, 80+ Gold and 750W gives me a room to overclock if necessary. (Had the EVGA 750W Gold G2 but was to long for case RIP)

Also chucked in another case fan (same as pre-included fans for case) and got 4-pin fan to 3x 4-pin adapter for my motherboard so i can use all case fans)

Is there any thing i'm missing or any suggestions, i'd really appreciate it, thanks.

Solution
I would probably go for a Ryzen 7 2700x instead of the Intel, and of course a compatible mother board like a 450 series AM4. The CPU is slightly cheaper and in my opinion actually better. But that is mostly a matter of taste, I guess.
You could also just wait for a little bit and see what the next gen brings around.

McKeu

Proper
Mar 27, 2019
I would probably go for a Ryzen 7 2700x instead of the Intel, and of course a compatible mother board like a 450 series AM4. The CPU is slightly cheaper and in my opinion actually better. But that is mostly a matter of taste, I guess.
You could also just wait for a little bit and see what the next gen brings around.

Last edited:
Solution