Question Any tips for installing an nzxt kraken x72

Nov 5, 2019
Im building my first pc and in terrified of doing something wrong, any tips help, its a pretty high end rig so anything is helpfull

Nov 5, 2019
The front is the only place you could fit a 360mm radiator on that case.
Since you may want to keep the RGB fans, you may want to use those instead of the one included with the X72...or you could also install the X72 fans in the inside in a push-pull configuration.
Would the push pull help With performance? If so how do i do it, if not ill Just take the rgb fans only

Sep 27, 2019
If I was you I would go with the x62 kraken and just place it ontop with the included fans or even better some Noctua fans. I’m having the same issue now I have the NZXT 510elite case with the RGB fans in the front but they suck when paired with the radiator. Those RGB fans aren’t meant for that. You could do a push/pull config (the radiator has holes on both sides just attached the ones mounted on the front to the radiator and the ones that come included with the kraken on the back as pull). Also looked up your case and are you sure a 360 fits in the front? I see the bottom fan goes into the PSU shroud but you might not have enough space to do a push/pull config if that’s the case would check the clearance first before buying if you haven’t yet. Besides that installing it is pretty easy. I used this video
View: https://youtu.be/5ZsZnnOX_mo

btw I didn’t know this when I bought mine but the krakens come with thermal paste already pre applied so you don’t need any.

Reactions: Odin935
Nov 5, 2019
If I was you I would go with the x62 kraken and just place it ontop with the included fans or even better some Noctua fans. I’m having the same issue now I have the NZXT 510elite case with the RGB fans in the front but they suck when paired with the radiator. Those RGB fans aren’t meant for that. You could do a push/pull config (the radiator has holes on both sides just attached the ones mounted on the front to the radiator and the ones that come included with the kraken on the back as pull). Also looked up your case and are you sure a 360 fits in the front? I see the bottom fan goes into the PSU shroud but you might not have enough space to do a push/pull config if that’s the case would check the clearance first before buying if you haven’t yet. Besides that installing it is pretty easy. I used this video
View: https://youtu.be/5ZsZnnOX_mo

btw I didn’t know this when I bought mine but the krakens come with thermal paste already pre applied so you don’t need any.
Its all already bought so i hope this goes well😂 the rgb isnt important so worst case scenario ill ditch them and use nzxt