[SOLVED] Any tips on performance?

Dec 26, 2018
This is my first time building a rig so I have no idea what I’m doing. That being said any tips on what the hell i’m even doing would help. It’s working fine, I just want to make sure it’s working to it’s full potential. And not to overclock it soon- not going to void the Zotac warranty for my GPU for a while until I know it works for sure. I’ve ran a OC SCANNER from Firestorm on my motherboard/GPU and it decided the best settings for me, but I’m still confused. I’m also using my TV which is VERY shitty until I get a monitor (it’s like 60hz :( ) and 1920p when I can run at 4K.. seems like my storage card isn’t working either so I’m using the onboard one(?).Back to topic, you guys have any tips? Here’s my specs if you need:

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900k
GPU: Zotac RTX 2080 TI EXTREME AMP
CPU COOLER: Floe Riing RGB 360 TT PREMIUM
MOBO: MSI Meg z390 Godlike
MEMORY: Team 16gb (2x8) T-Force Nighthawk RGB DDR4
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 WATT GOLD
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
CASE: Cougar Panzer Evo RGB

I see that in most games, everybody’s ping is around 300 while mines is at 100.. I suspect I should have more than that? That test was on Primal Carnage Extinction at max graphics though, that might explain why. Still, I’m sure you guys have more knowledge than me on this.

Edit; read somewhere the SSD has a major impact on performance? Currently I don’t think it’s working, I’m going to try to fix that.

Second edit: when I’m running games I’ll hear a low buzzing sound coming from the gaming tower.. is that normal? it only happens when i play games.

Solution
802.11n WiFi is capable of 600 Mbps, so 300 each direction, or 2 devices on same channel, so its seems like limit on network. Try upgrading router firmware, it might jump to AC speeds.

CPU might be set to performance mode which blocks it at 100% power unless overheathing. Its not OC, but TURBO speed.
Try to check power management and set cpu to work between 30% and 100%. It will adapt and cool down itself when full power will not be necessary.

Well you can get it lower with good network equipment & cable connection.
it needs some tweaking, some magic like asus game boost:
https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming/take-online-gaming-to-the-next-level-with-wtfast-gamers-private-network/
For me wifi vs cable is like 20 vs 35 ping. It depends on servers, and its a lot bigger difference on older hardware.

Dec 26, 2018
I have 1000 Mbps and I’m only getting 300 right now on a Speedtest, also it’s right next to all my networking equipment. Will try the game boost though, had it on my old laptop and it worked.

Dec 26, 2018
To add on this thread I’m slightly concerned about the temperatures as well. My CPU is averaging 80 Fahrenheit while browsing the internet running at 4837 MHz? I don’t think I overclocked?? GPU temp is pretty cool around 27 Celsius, because I amped up the RPM to around 2,000. All four case fans running at 1000 RPM.
Edit... again... now my CPU temps are 10C, wtf is wrong with my rig LMAO

802.11n WiFi is capable of 600 Mbps, so 300 each direction, or 2 devices on same channel, so its seems like limit on network. Try upgrading router firmware, it might jump to AC speeds.

CPU might be set to performance mode which blocks it at 100% power unless overheathing. Its not OC, but TURBO speed.
Try to check power management and set cpu to work between 30% and 100%. It will adapt and cool down itself when full power will not be necessary.

Solution