Any tips, or advice for new PC

DiplomaticImmunity

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Okay so I'm buying my first full PC (my current one was built like Frankenstein's Monster), with a budget of $2400 AUD. What I'm looking at is $2260 AUD, here it is:

https://goo.gl/pWKhef

I'm going to use it for daily gaming, at 1920x1080, looking to max out most my games.

Some info:
- I'm going for a 1TB SSD, because my games take up around 600GB and I want to have all of them on a SDD (never had one before).
- If the performance between a 1070 and a 1080 is close enough, I might consider going down to the 1070, as long as it still maxes out most games at 1080p
- I'm going with Ryzen and not Intel, there are a few reasons but the main two are I want to see how it is, and that an i7 is $420 where as the Ryzen 5s are $300 or less

Are there any tips or advice you guys can give me? For example should I get faster RAM, or a HDD as well, or a different cooler?

Cheers :D

Solution
I would frankly go with the 1600. For a few more dollars you are getting two extra cores, and that'll be a boon for games in the future. Plus, if you do multitasking or live streaming or video editing, the 1600 would again be better suited. Even if you don't, the 1600 is still worth it simply for the extra cores and the future-proofing that they offer.
https://goo.gl/Ekce3F

Few changes:

1. Ryzen 5 1600 instead of the 1500X - better future-proofing and multi-threaded performance.

2. B350 motherboard - overclockability, more features, more mainstream and suited for custom builds.

3. And yes, you should get faster RAM. Perhaps DDR4 3000 or 3200 - beyond that there are diminishing returns, wouldn't bother with higher.

Also, keep the GTX 1080, it'll last longer at 1080p.

I would frankly go with the 1600. For a few more dollars you are getting two extra cores, and that'll be a boon for games in the future. Plus, if you do multitasking or live streaming or video editing, the 1600 would again be better suited. Even if you don't, the 1600 is still worth it simply for the extra cores and the future-proofing that they offer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS