Question Any upgrades

Icecole25

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Hey guys just looking for any advice if i should get any upgrades i have a pretty nice setup but i like to tinker.
Case-nzxt h700i
Mobo-Asus rog strix z390 e gaming
Cpu-I7 9700k
Cpu cooler- corsair h115i pro liquid cooler
Gpu-msi rtx 2080 gaming x trio
Ram- 32 gb of patriot viper rgb ddr4 3200mhz
Storage- 2 samsung evo ssd 500gb and the other 1tb plus a 2tb hdd

Short of a 9900k or M.2 drive for the OS, unless you want to move up to a 2080 TI, there really ISN'T anything you can upgrade to in terms of gaming performance.

What is the current and EXACT model of your power supply? That's one area where MOST users skimp, and shouldn't, so that might be a good place to spend some money if it's burning a hole in your pocket. Higher end power supplies tend to make all other hardware last longer by not subjecting them to a lot of ripple and crazy voltage regulation issues, are quieter and have better protections in the even something does ever go wrong whether that's inside or outside your computer.

Icecole25

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Short of a 9900k or M.2 drive for the OS, unless you want to move up to a 2080 TI, there really ISN'T anything you can upgrade to in terms of gaming performance.

What is the current and EXACT model of your power supply? That's one area where MOST users skimp, and shouldn't, so that might be a good place to spend some money if it's burning a hole in your pocket. Higher end power supplies tend to make all other hardware last longer by not subjecting them to a lot of ripple and crazy voltage regulation issues, are quieter and have better protections in the even something does ever go wrong whether that's inside or outside your computer.
I have a evga supernova g 850

If you have a G3 850, you certainly don't need a power supply. That's within a few models of about the best you can get, maybe THE best for the money at that capacity.

There is probably nothing you need, however, my thought would be maybe it would be a good idea to get a 4TB external hard drive to back up everything that is on all the other drives, since you likely have different information on each drive if you are like most people, without any of it backed up to safe extra location. Even if one or more of those drives is being used to backup the others, it would STILL be a good idea to have an external backup of the backup, because I've absolutely seen ten or more instances where somebody zapped all the drives attached to the motherboard at one time. Some through sheer stupidity but others from power surges or strikes. Never hurts to have a good backup drive so you don't lose any critical files or documents, or game installers and so you can make full drive (All partitions) backups of your OS drive periodically in case something gets corrupted or there is a drive failure.

Other than than man, the only worthy upgrades I see are an M.2 drive for the OS, and I'd recommend the 970 EVO+ or 970 Pro M.2 PCIe NVME drives, or an upgrade to the flagship graphics card.

Maybe a better monitor? What kind of monitor, or monitors, are you rocking?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd be looking at at least dual monitor setup. I know I'll never go back to single monitors if I can help it, it's just way to handy having directions/maps/wiki/YouTube on one screen and playing on the other.

Maybe a new desk, better chair, better set of headphones, better speaker setup, there's tons of peripherals that can make or break gaming experience beyond what's inside the pc.