[SOLVED] Any way I can get someone with a terrible internet connection to join my dedicated minecraft server?

idunnoy

Prominent
Feb 28, 2020
So I have a friend that I'm hoping to host an SMP with, I have hardware in my house that I'm using to host a server, is there any way to get him, with a 600 Kbps up and down connection, to connect to my server without turning the game render distance down? I'm open to most anything.

Solution
not really.
The entire idea is connecting over the internet, and if you have bad internet, you can't fix your problem. If the root is weak, not matter how much you juice up the tree, it won't survive long
weird analogy, but you get the point.

Tell him to get faster internet I guess, 600kbp/s in 2021 is kind of.. yeah.
not really.
The entire idea is connecting over the internet, and if you have bad internet, you can't fix your problem. If the root is weak, not matter how much you juice up the tree, it won't survive long

Solution

idunnoy

Prominent
Feb 28, 2020
not really.

Yeah, he's using a mobile hotspot out in the middle of nowhere, so not much he can do about that, but I figured it out.