Question Any way I can transfer files from the computer to my phone via WLAN?

Dimitri001

Reputable
Oct 11, 2019
Both my desktop and my phone are connected to the home router, is there some way I can transfer files from the computer to the phone through the router?

Is this an Android phone? There's an app File Manager Plus which you can install. Once you open it there's an option to turn your phone into an FTP device and you can then use your Windows browser or File Manager to transfer files between devices. Or if its Apple IOS then any of their apps that convert your phone to FTP mode would also work.

I've often wondered why phones never seem to do things the "normal" way, particularly why Google decided to either not include a file manager by default or later to only include one that can't browse network shares. leading to the proliferation of many 3rd party file manager apps like Solid Explorer, X-Plore, FX, Amaze and Total Commander.

Even Google has one now in Files by Google, which is of course just an app and not included in Android because of... reasons.

Just as with two PCs, you would either share a folder or put the files on a NAS (even a slow one like the USB port of a router), then browse to it using any real file manager.

TRENDING THREADS