Question Any way to delete copies of Windows system folders/files?

I have been experimenting with windows installers which led me to decompress a Windows 7 install ISO to my hard drive. I then discovered there is no way to delete these files. I created a restore point so I was able to get ride of them, but I'm wondering if there is any other way.

No, there was no way I could alter the permissions; I suspect it's akin to trying to delete Windows system files while windows is booted. As far as ridding myself of these files, as I mentioned I saved a restore point prior to decompressing the install media, so simply going back to the restore point did the trick. I also do a periodic clone of the ssd , so i can switch drives, put the drive ssd in an enclosure and clone it back to a previous state. I find it faster and easier than standard backup imaging.

Apr 21, 2020
No, it's just a copy of the Windows OS files. I experimented with deleting similar files on a external drive and I got the same result. Windows does not like deleting itself, even on another drive.
you can download a live Linux distro , put it on a flash drive, boot to it and delete anything in Windows because it won't be live. I'd be careful. If you delete one wrong file you may have a crippled Windows install.