[SOLVED] Any way to delete only windows from an HDD?

Sep 20, 2019
Probably an easy answer, but I've not been able to find one. I've got a lot of games/personal data on my HDD at the moment (about 300 gigs), and I've finally got the time to download windows to my SSD. The HDD is 1TB, while my SSD is 256, just enough for windows and whatever else I deem necessary.
Before I install windows onto my SSD, is there any way to erase Windows 10 from my HDD and keep all the personal data (documents/pictures/games)?
Or is this a lost cause?

(the main issue here is the game data, I can back up the photos/docs and whatnot through google drive)
I ask because my internet speed is sub-par on a good day, and I'd rather not spend hours reinstalling the games I've got on my hard drive.

If it's not possible, I'll either suck it up and just re-install everything over the span of my break, or just buy an external hard drive and wait for it to arrive.

Solution
You should backup any and/or all data off the original HDD prior to connecting the bootable installer and the SSD to format the initial OS installation drive. Exit installation and power down the system, disconnect the HDD and then proceed to install the OS onto the SSD. Once installation is complete and you're in the OS's GUI, you can power down again and reconnect the HDD to the system, then power up.

You will need a third party app to merge the now empty volume with D : \ Also, you should reinstall all the necessary drivers meant for your platform. Games, if steam, can be located via the installer to recognize your previous partitions location as the game library.

Lutfij

Titan
You should backup any and/or all data off the original HDD prior to connecting the bootable installer and the SSD to format the initial OS installation drive. Exit installation and power down the system, disconnect the HDD and then proceed to install the OS onto the SSD. Once installation is complete and you're in the OS's GUI, you can power down again and reconnect the HDD to the system, then power up.

You will need a third party app to merge the now empty volume with D : \ Also, you should reinstall all the necessary drivers meant for your platform. Games, if steam, can be located via the installer to recognize your previous partitions location as the game library.

Solution