Any way to extend maxmizing to half of the side monitors

Coersum

Honorable
May 8, 2013
I've been thinking of upgrading my displays and looking at ultrawides but would prefer just tripple wide screen.

I was wondering is there a software out there that can make it so that when I maximize a window on my center monitor, the window will use 1/3 to 1/2 of the side monitors hence simulating a wide monitor. This is to have toolbars and such all out without having to sacrifice space or having to resize or snap all my windows. This would simulate 4:3 monitors on sides and ultrawide on center when I need it.

all 3 monitors will when a window is maximized into it, take that new size everytime without snapping involved.

multimonitor.jpg

Basicaly make the center monitor BE that wide size. I tried display fuzion but doesn't seem to work that way.

PS: it's not for gaming, and I don't mind having the bezels there in between, just wondering if that's possible.

Normal Snapping wouldn't work either because if I run a program in windowed full screen, it will full screen to the center monitor only, I'd like full screen to pop onto the side monitor as well as shown in the graphic up there.

Coersum

Honorable
May 8, 2013
I just tried a program called MAXMAX, which does allow me to resize the side monitors but it only works soso, 3 browsers I tried won't resize to the new size set on the side monitor and the center one won't use that free space for maximizing sadly, it's only made to show say the desktop icons (Free space).

There has to be something somewhere that resize the maximize window size automatically. still looking for it...

even if you did there is no way to guarantee all your programs will behave the way you want them to with it

Coersum

Honorable
May 8, 2013

The ones I am running will, it's mostly to extend a few programs with toolbars, I can resize them by hand to have the toolbars on each side taking space on the side screens and have more working space in the middle, but whenever I look at something on my side monitors it will come in front of my main software in the middle.

TRENDING THREADS