[SOLVED] Any way to JUST move windows from HDD to SSD?

Sep 20, 2019
Hey all, I looked up this exact question before and the earliest response I could find was from 2014, given that it's 5 years later, I was hoping to find the answer I'm looking for.

So I've got a pretty hearty gaming rig, however, I think that moving windows from my HDD to a brand new SSD could prove to be fruitful (as I was naive when I first created this PC)
I've reinstalled windows a billion times and don't wanna go through the process of formatting my current drive, and re-installing every program/game that I have onto the HDD.

My question is - Is there any way that I can simply transfer ONLY windows from my HDD to my SSD, while keeping all my current programs on my HDD?

Is my only option to fresh install on the SSD and wipe the HDD?

Solution
New SSD is 250gb (bought for the sole purpose of only sticking windows on it), space being used on the current drive is ~556gb.
It comes down to more of an issue of time, I don't have the time to re-install every program I use
Sorry, but there's no shortcut for this.

If you could reduce that consumed space to below 200GB, you could clone it over to the new drive.
As it is...not gonna happen.
Sep 20, 2019
"ONLY windows" ?
No. There is no function or application to do that.

What size is the new SSD, and how much space is actually consumed on the current drive?
New SSD is 250gb (bought for the sole purpose of only sticking windows on it), space being used on the current drive is ~556gb.
It comes down to more of an issue of time, I don't have the time to re-install every program I use

USAFRet

Titan
Sorry, but there's no shortcut for this.

If you could reduce that consumed space to below 200GB, you could clone it over to the new drive.
As it is...not gonna happen.

Solution