[SOLVED] Any way to lower the bottleneck?

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
So first things first, my specs:
600 PSU
GTX 980 gigabyte(Clocked to 1437MHZ)
I5 4670K
16 gigs of ram(XMP enabled)
adata ssd
1440x900 monitor

So, with stock 4670K, it cant handle it, it just cant. When i overclock to 4.4 GHZ 235W, it still uses %80 to %95 But above 4.4 GHZ it always crashes at one time,(4.4 is the best it goes) Any way to fix this issue? I heard there was a config file.
Currently I am getting 40-50 FPS on high settings.

Solution
Ah. You already answered your own question.

Graphics detail settings isn't the issue, although that game is stretching the legs on a gtx980, even at 900p. The issue is a 4c/4t lower IPC cpu with a seriously badly optimised game that's had nothing but bugs, errors, poor performance since it's release. All that hype and expectation for a Lemon.
I pre-ordered and spent way too much trying to fix the video settings and crossed steam's refund deadline. There goes $50. Will play later lol

If you want to fix the "bottleneck", I'd say get a 6c/12t CPU. But then you'll have a gpu bottleneck lol. It's a pretty dated build, but all things considered, I'd upgrade cpu first

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
“Getting 40-50 FPS” on what game though?

Also many said that this type of i5 won’t even bottleneck a 980 even at stock clocks.

if you’re unable to reach the desire clocks you want to be at, this means you have to start messing around with the voltages though it can be very risky if it’s your first time.

What games?

As someone who has a 4670k @ 4.3GHz in an old system I can say there is nothing you can do. Many newer games just need more than the 4 cores/threads this cpu has. Unfortunately these 4 thread u5’s did not age well. Like me if you want to play modern AAA games at 60fps you will need a cpu/motherboard/RAM upgrade.

Reactions: boju

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Oh sorry, getting 40-50 on cyberpunk High graphics

And lol, some people must be way way richer than me. If you think this rig cant run tetris then you must have like 4 rtx 3090's on your computer upgrading every year :D

And the thermals are: GPU stays at 60-65 tops, CPU is at 70 to 80, but it rarely hits 80

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Oh sorry, getting 40-50 on cyberpunk High graphics
Graphics detail settings isn't the issue, although that game is stretching the legs on a gtx980, even at 900p. The issue is a 4c/4t lower IPC cpu with a seriously badly optimised game that's had nothing but bugs, errors, poor performance since it's release. All that hype and expectation for a Lemon.

I pre-ordered and spent way too much trying to fix the video settings and crossed steam's refund deadline. There goes $50. Will play later lol

If you want to fix the "bottleneck", I'd say get a 6c/12t CPU. But then you'll have a gpu bottleneck lol. It's a pretty dated build, but all things considered, I'd upgrade cpu first

Solution

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Should i go for like FX 6300? or a 8350, and on ultra the bottleneck goes away, but teres just 30 fps to 34 fps and its unplayable

And yeah, i use original high settings, but when i saw cpu usage at %100 i tought i coulda get more, sad for me that i cant

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
Sadly I cannot buy new parts like ryzen 9 5950X or an AMD epyx or some other parts :( But I would really love if you give me some recommendations, I know it is the easiest job to pick the newest parts and put them to my rig. But It is impossible for us people

Adam65

Great
Nov 29, 2020
I'm thinking to go for the I7 4790K, and it fits my motherboard as well i think. And for the GPU I'll get the 980 Ti extreme one, i think it will get me going on ultra from then
https://hizliresim.com/MWgXBj
This is what my pc gets now, It gave %24-%40 score to my SSD, i think my ssd is dead as well. So I'm thinking the issue might just be the ssd

Last edited: