[SOLVED] Any way to make the 2 devices that are on sata 5/6 work again after m2 update?

Maramsp

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2016
Hey all.

Today i installed an nvme m2 on my mobo which is the asus prime b350m-a

I knew beforehand that the sata 5/6 ports would be disabled by doing this, cause it was written in the manual.

Still, I have a normal hdd and a dvd player on my sata 5 and 6 ports, and it would be nice to see them working again, especially the hdd.

So would it be possible to somehow, with splitter cables or such, enable them again?

Or would it be best to upgrade some day to a 500 chipset mobo, as ive heard that with these mobo's it doesnt disable sata ports anymore when installing an m2?

Btw, is that true, that the 500 chipset doesnt disable sata ports anymore when installing an m2?

Thanks in advance again.

Cheers, Mara

Maramsp

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2016
Aye, other sata ports are occupied with 1 small intel ssd, 1 bigger kingston ssd, and 2 with other normal hdds
But now i write this, i think i will remove the small intel ssd, cause i dont use it that much, and then re enable the other hdd :) Then i think problem solved.
After i click on post reply, i will switch off the pc, then connect the hdd again and remove the intel ssd, and then when the problem is solved, i will edit this post or give a reply to say the problem is solved.
But thank you very much @USAFRet for pointing this out :)

Maramsp

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2016
Hmm, interesting. I would upgrade to another mobo in any case when i replace my current ryzen 7 1800x, but still for now the dvd player, i will buy a usb one.
And as we speak @USAFRet my problem seems to be solved. Now i have my windows ssd (sata one) alongside 3 normal hdds and 1 m2 drive working all together. So yes, like i said, problem solved.
Thanks again for thinking with me :)

Reactions: USAFRet