[SOLVED] Any way to move non-program files from my ssd to my new external harddrive?

Mar 23, 2020
When I first built this PC i only bought a 480gb SSD. Now I need more space so I bought an external hard drive that I want to keep save files and keep my programs and OS on the SSD

Solution
For downloads through your browser, simply create and designate a new folder on your external.

You can relocate your Pic/Document/Video libraries.
But that's not really needed anymore..applications have gotten really good at managing multiiple drives.
Just create a couple of top level folders on that drive, and copy the desired files over.

But if you want, read this to relocate the whole Libraries:
Mar 23, 2020
I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 Pro (Version 1903).

Everything I have is on my C-Drive (The SSD). I wanna move non-program files to the external hard drive instead of having all my saves and everything on the SSD

USAFRet

Titan
For downloads through your browser, simply create and designate a new folder on your external.

You can relocate your Pic/Document/Video libraries.
But that's not really needed anymore..applications have gotten really good at managing multiiple drives.
Just create a couple of top level folders on that drive, and copy the desired files over.

But if you want, read this to relocate the whole Libraries:

Solution
Mar 23, 2020
Any chance there is save files from video games that I can move to the new external hard drive without affecting the performance or taking the whole game out of my SSD?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
overall the game save files won't amount to much space at all.

you need to look at what is really taking up the space. more than likely this is the game files themselves, but possibly other data such as the library files as pointed out above.

USAFRet

Titan
Any chance there is save files from video games that I can move to the new external hard drive without affecting the performance or taking the whole game out of my SSD?
Game saves are almost certainly a very small part of the space.

We can investigate:
Install and run either WinDirStat, or WizTree.

Run as Administrator, selecting only the drive in question.
Post a screencap here.