Any way to recover a partition?

I partitioned a disk into a drive C and a drive D. The computer wouldn't
boot so I reinstalled Win2000 on just the C drive. I could then see and use
drive D. I then tried to restore a Norton Ghost image from drive D to drive
C. That hasn't worked yet.

Now, I can only see drive C. The partition that used to hold drive D shows
"unformatted space". Any ideas on how to recover this?

Thanks!

joeP

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

One option is to try DiskPatch from http://www.diydatarecovery.nl

--
Good luck,
Joep

Thanks Joep. I think I do need a way to regenerate the Master Boot Record,
MBR, on Win200. Do you know any other ways?

> Thanks Joep. I think I do need a way to regenerate the Master Boot
Record,
> MBR, on Win200. Do you know any other ways?

What's wrong with the one I gave you? You need to repair the partition table
(correct - located in the MBR), DiskPatch is very good at that. There are
free (mostly Linux, gpart for example) alternatives.

--
Joep

TRENDING THREADS