[SOLVED] Any ways to connect PCI device to MB with no PCI ports?

Sep 11, 2017
Basically, i have a PCI sound card, and i saw a dirty cheap CPU+MB combo that i wanna get, problem is that the MB does not have a PCI port. It has 3 PCIe x1.

The problem is that a male PCIe x1 to female PCI adapters are rare and stupidly expensive, so much that it will make the dirty cheap CPU+MB combo cost close to its actual price.

So concretely, is there ANY way to connect my card to my computer perhaps through a PCI to USB thingy or something? Anything? If not, i may drop the idea to buy this combo altogether because sound is just more important for me.

Thanks.

P.S. For the curious, the combo is an Asus P8H61-M LX PLUS R2.0 + Pentium G640 for 44 USD, which is very cheap for this kind of hardware where i live.
My alternative if theres no workaround on this PCI stuff, is to stick to a Core 2 Duo E8400 system.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
There are ways and means to connect a PCI device via USB, but they're not cheap.
The cheapest way to do it, is to adapt PCIe to PCI..... which is a ~$40 solution;
https://www.amazon.com/Startech-Com-Express-Adapter-Card-PCI1PEX1/dp/B0024CV3SA?th=1

Which soundcard ? IF you still need a soundcard (and the onboard of the H61 isn't good enough), perhaps replacing it with a PCIe option would be a better/cheaper route to go?

Solution
Sep 11, 2017
There are ways and means to connect a PCI device via USB, but they're not cheap.
The cheapest way to do it, is to adapt PCIe to PCI..... which is a ~$40 solution;
https://www.amazon.com/Startech-Com-Express-Adapter-Card-PCI1PEX1/dp/B0024CV3SA?th=1

Which soundcard ? IF you still need a soundcard (and the onboard of the H61 isn't good enough), perhaps replacing it with a PCIe option would be a better/cheaper route to go?

Yep, seen that one you link already but precisely it isnt cheap.

My current sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music (SB0460) so one that matches or surpasses it and is PCIe x1 doesnt seem any cheaper, so i dont know if either option is even worth it, be it buying another one or buying the adapter.