[SOLVED] Any ways to share my printer in the house without giving my user and pass

majidok

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Hi everyone!

Any ways to share my printer in the house without giving my user and passwodr?

Thank you in advance

Solution
Oh hi its you! Its a canon ,mg2540S ,USB

Tried printershare but ran out of pages, any free solutions or workarounds

What do you mean you ran out of pages? Sharing a printer from a computer is pretty simple, only issue is that the computer it's connected to needs to be on all the time. Some home routers may have a USB connection for printer sharing, although every one I tried was very slow to print so was not very usable.

Share the printer on the network, you will have options to select who has rights to print to it, select "Everyone" and there should not be any prompts for passowrds.

Or replace the printer with one that has network capability, for inkjets even those with WiFi and/or Ethernet are pretty cheap, that way you...
Oh hi its you! Its a canon ,mg2540S ,USB

Tried printershare but ran out of pages, any free solutions or workarounds

What do you mean you ran out of pages? Sharing a printer from a computer is pretty simple, only issue is that the computer it's connected to needs to be on all the time. Some home routers may have a USB connection for printer sharing, although every one I tried was very slow to print so was not very usable.

Share the printer on the network, you will have options to select who has rights to print to it, select "Everyone" and there should not be any prompts for passowrds.

Or replace the printer with one that has network capability, for inkjets even those with WiFi and/or Ethernet are pretty cheap, that way you don't need the host computer on.

Solution

majidok

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

Or replace the printer with one that has network capability, for inkjets even those with WiFi and/or Ethernet are pretty cheap, that way you don't need the host computer on.

HI , printers share does this but you can only do 20 pages per month before having to buy one of their plans

majidok

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009