Question Any wireless adapter I use on this PC disconnects randomly ?

Antonjp_

Prominent
Sep 12, 2019
So for a while now one specific PC disconnects from the internet after about 30 or so minutes. This happens with two different adapters and a powerline adapter. Using those adapters on another pc works perfectly fine. Whenever the internet goes out i troubleshoot the network thing and it says "Default gateway not available" and this fixes the internet but it keeps on happening.
solutions ive tried
  • updating drivers for all adapters
  • updating bios
  • changing power options
  • unchecking the "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power" option on the adapter and the usb hub
At the point where ill give money to whoever can solve this for me lol [struck out by Moderator].
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
How consistent is that 30 minute time frame?

Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, or simple informational events that correspond with the disconnects.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system activity starting when that specific PC is booted into Windows and watch what takes place up and through the 30 minute mark.

Look for some app or utility that launches to backup, update, or maybe to just "phone home" and fails.

What make and model router do you have? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide a clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.