[SOLVED] Anybody else getting their Radeon drivers updated like this?

Solution
21.5.2 is a beta driver so this isn't too surprising. The latest WHQL driver is 21.4.1 from last month so if you install that, then WindowsUpdate would not try to "update" it.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I will have to check back on this myself next week. As I was wrapping things up at the shop today I went ahead and updated to 21H1 while doing closing work. It updated and came back seemingly fine.
On this particular machine I have had a bevy of minor issues and annoyances with the Radeon updater. It refuses to be turned off and refuses to accept that I don't want beta drivers.....that aspect didn't pop up in the limited time I worked with after update.

21.5.2 is a beta driver so this isn't too surprising. The latest WHQL driver is 21.4.1 from last month so if you install that, then WindowsUpdate would not try to "update" it.
I went full bore on it and did a repair windows 10 install this morning then went back to 21.3.1, which was great with my RX5700 before this. It never tried it again, but when I ran across this I opened up group policy editor and enable the policy to not update drivers with windows update. That's one nice option available when running Win 10 Pro.