Question Anybody good with old rebuilt computers?

Astralv

Distinguished
I took out drives from 2006 Intel Core 2.6 Duo computer with 8GB of memory and installed small SSD and new HDD. It was working great, I was rebuilding it for poor friend who wanted to make music. The system was working so good that I installed many music production software titles and recording software on it. Well- he was not using it because he got other solution, and I wanted to give it to my mother for occasional use. My mind goes blank at this point- I can't remember what I did to it. I might of take one of drives out- I just can't remember what I did. Today, it has 128GB Samsung SSD and 1TB Seagate drive. I could have 3rd drive- I am not sure. So today- I can't make it do anything. From the time I was rebuilding it, it had issue with trying to find some mysterious drive and keep saying SATA 1 is missing. But I think that came from the time when it used to be Dell- I had 2X 250GB drives in RAID, so when I wanted it to be non-raid- it was looking for missing drive. It would offer press F1 to continue and after long wait it would boot. So today- I got tired of waiting and switched my Boot SSD from SATA 4 to SATA 1. The Seagate is still in SATA 0. I disabled SATA 4. So now it does not look for SATA 1, it boots, but after it boots- nothing works. I open Chrome, it just hanging. I want to click on Start- it hanging. The only time I saw computers do that is when they had VIRUS. Virus is possible becauise the Antivirus (Norton and Webroot) I had installed was not updated and expired. But computer was not in use at all. It was turned off all this time. The other week I turned it on and it was showing that Norton is expired but things were working. All I did today was chenging SATA from 4 to 1, disabling and enabling RAID from RAID to "Raid Autodetect/ATA". It did say that changing it may cause OS not boot, and it could not boot at all, so I changed it back to RAID. Everything I massed with today is reverted back to what it was last week other than SATA 4 changed to SATA 1 for Boot drive. And it boots, but does not do anything. Is it Virus? Or is it obsolete? I would reinstall VISTA Ultimate again, but I do not remember where is my serial or disk for it, so it would be hard... Thank you.

Astralv

Distinguished
Thank you for your reply.
I did not have time to work on it for few days, it was left on. I came to it, and it was working fine. I installed Norton, ran virus scan and it was negative. (not that it proves that there is no virus). But it was working fine. I restarted it. It takes a while to restart (not like Win 19)- it is Vista, however, after Vista initial screen where it loading, it went to black screen with only cursor arrow. And it sits like this, nothing happens. I suspect, it may come alive in a few hours, or not.

The C drive has at least 49Gb free. The M drive is almost full, but should not be an issue.

Computer is Dell Dimension 9200. I did install some drivers from their web site- best I could figure out- it was at least 2 years ago. Thank you.

What do the 4 Green diagnostic lights on the front of your PC show when the bootup stalls?

Diagnostic Lights;
- To help you troubleshoot a problem, your computer has four Green lights labeled 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the front panel. When the computer starts normally, the lights flash before turning off. If the computer malfunctions, the sequence of the lights help to identify the problem.