[SOLVED] Anybody have a Solution For Constant BSODs?

PrimalLIQUID

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
hey all, im approaching the end of my ropes with some BSOD issues im having now for about 3 months which are progressively getting worse from once a week or so to now being dailey (had about 8 in the space of a few hours the other night) all seemingly at random times and loads. Most have the error code irql_not_less_or_equal but the last few have been NTFS.sys. Heres my mini dumps but for some reason windows just stopped creating them so i dont have dumps for the past few crashes. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SkjGkaM7c3grq9CFxJWrE4I5_mq9FY24?usp=sharing

I have done CHKdisk, SFC, Memtest all reported fine. Samsung magician and Crystaldisk say my boot drive is fine, (HD tune gives me attention required on C7) Windows is upto date, All drivers updated and GPU driver is on the latest. Ill also include a little backstory on the build incase it helps

New system build about 6 months old, had no issues at first until a microsoft visual file corrupted which needed me to reinstall windows, Ran fine for about a month and then Bsods started. all hardware is new bar drives. specs below

Asus Dark Hero VIII
Ryzen 5950x (undervolted 1.25)
Corsair Dominator Platinum 128gb CMT128GX4M4C32 (4x32gb) (pre issue worked fine XMP, now running none XMP with auto in bios due to bsods)
MSI Gaming X Trio 3090
Seasonic Titanium 1000W PSU
Samsung 840 Evo (boot)
Samsung 870 Evo (storage)
Samsung 980 Pro (scratch disk and storage)

Solution
c7 can be caused by the data cable on the drive, although if its NVME reporting error that might not be case. Can try reconnecting it or replace cable if its an ssd.
I will ask a friend to convert dumps

Colif

Win 11 Master
c7 can be caused by the data cable on the drive, although if its NVME reporting error that might not be case. Can try reconnecting it or replace cable if its an ssd.

Solution

PrimalLIQUID

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
the 840 (boot drive) is a normal SSD and thats what i found out from looking up the HDtune error given magician and crystal were reporting it fine

Colif

Win 11 Master
try swapping its cables then.

I can't say its cause. but it could be.
ntfs.sys is the file system so always a chance.

Heres my mini dumps but for some reason windows just stopped creating them so i dont have dumps for the past few crashes.
If errors caused by the cable or drive itself, then dumps won't be created as they are created on the boot drive.

A friend will reply later with a file I can use to read results.

PrimalLIQUID

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
try swapping its cables then.

I can't say its cause. but it could be.
ntfs.sys is the file system so always a chance.

If errors caused by the cable or drive itself, then dumps won't be created as they are created on the boot drive.

A friend will reply later with a file I can use to read results.
ill pick a new cable up tomorrow just to be sure and thanks for getting the dumps checked out for me

EDIT: tried stock voltage on CPU and restarted itself within 5 minutes...

Last edited:

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/s573oc8x/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:112421-14234-01.dmp (Nov 24 2021 - 17:58:12)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 22 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

File information:112121-15796-01.dmp (Nov 20 2021 - 23:29:35)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

File information:111921-14968-01.dmp (Nov 19 2021 - 12:06:03)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: firefox.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-dark-hero-model/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. You are using version 3302 and the latest is 3801. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

PrimalLIQUID

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
Hi there, thanks for the debug results, i did actually update the bios shortly after posting yesterday so now im on 3801 (it is the correct board yea) and i also reset all my bios settings to default to eliminate possible bios issues/settings as the cause of the bsods