[SOLVED] Anybody know where I might find this cable?

Jun 3, 2020
I recently ordered a PC case from Newegg and the front panel USB 3 port (or the cable) is defective. Of course, I didn't know it was defective until I finished building the pc which required removing some of the PCIe slot covers. The slot covers are the kind that snap off and can't be put back on, which means I can't return the case in exactly the same condition as I received it which means Newegg will not refund or exchange it.

I can easily replace the USB 3.0 cable, but I'm having a hard time finding the right one. I've found similar ones, but on Amazon, Newegg, etc but they are not quite the same. They all have an extra bit of plastic between the screw-on mount and the USB port and that won't work with my case. I have found a few that look like they might work, but all of them are in china and will take weeks or months to arrive.

I'm looking for advice on where to search for something like this or for specific search terms that might use to narrow my search. Here is a picture of the cable. The is a DIYPC Solo T1-R
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
M9qz8wrq_o.jpg

Solution
I recently ordered a PC case from Newegg and the front panel USB 3 port (or the cable) is defective. Of course, I didn't know it was defective until I finished building the pc which required removing some of the PCIe slot covers. The slot covers are the kind that snap off and can't be put back on, which means I can't return the case in exactly the same condition as I received it which means Newegg will not refund or exchange it.

I can easily replace the USB 3.0 cable, but I'm having a hard time finding the right one. I've found similar ones, but on Amazon, Newegg, etc but they are not quite the same. They all have an extra bit of plastic between the screw-on mount and the USB port and that won't work with my case. I have found a...

I can easily replace the USB 3.0 cable, but I'm having a hard time finding the right one. I've found similar ones, but on Amazon, Newegg, etc but they are not quite the same. They all have an extra bit of plastic between the screw-on mount and the USB port and that won't work with my case. I have found a few that look like they might work, but all of them are in china and will take weeks or months to arrive.

I'm looking for advice on where to search for something like this or for specific search terms that might use to narrow my search. Here is a picture of the cable. The is a DIYPC Solo T1-R
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
M9qz8wrq_o.jpg
That's a cable to connect USB3 from MB to backplate on computer case. That one is just for one USB although tah big blue one can carry 2 ports,
Here's one for 2 ports
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32709663688.html
Or
https://usb.brando.com/usb-3-0-20-p...dual-type-a-female-cable_p14325c0032d015.html
Or
http://www.linkelec.com/sale-7901133-panel-mount-usb-3-0-female-to-20pin-female-cable.html

Solution
Jun 3, 2020
Jun 3, 2020
Contact the case manufacture and ask for a replacement. Back in 2012 Corsair sent out a bunch of cases with defective USB3 ports and sent out entire front I/O panels for replacement.
This is my post on their forum about the whole ordeal.
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=103389
Thanks, I'll try that. It never occurred to me to contact them, I just assumed I would be able to find a cable that would work.

Of course, the manufacturer is in China, so I'm probably still looking at a few weeks

Jun 3, 2020
Update for anyone who might be curious...
I emailed DIYPC and told them about the problem. They got back to me in about an hour and offered to send me the part. We'll see if/when I get it, but so far I'm impressed with their customer support

Reactions: SamirD
Jun 3, 2020
One last update in case anyone comes across this in the future...
I received the replacement USB 3.0 cable yesterday, so exactly one week from the time I contacted DIYPC about the issue to the time I got the part. They could not have handled it better.

And thanks to 1foxracing for suggesting that I contact them directly