Question Anyone else had this before?

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
so yesterday i accidentally clicked to reset my windows password (it’s set up to automatically be the password for my Microsoft account). It sort of glitched out and took me back to my desktop, but started behaving weirdly when i sign out, shutdown or restart. It displays 'just a moment', before it then does a completely normal procedure of restarting/shutting down/signing out. It does not at all affect the usage of the PC, but it's a bit annoying. Anyone got any ideas? Has anyone had this before? I contacted microsoft support and they said it could be a corrupted user profile, so i made a local account to see if the issue persisted. It did, so I think that it must not be a corrupt profile. I tried System File Checker (SFC) and it found no corruption/integrity violations. any help appreciated
System Info:
Windows 10 Home (version 22H2)

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I can’t do that, I have multiple people using the pc, so it will be impractical

Eventually, under normal use, Win will get so bogged down that you have no option, other than make a clean Win install. Especially when multiple people are using the machine.
Only when you do regular high level maintenance of Windows, you can keep it "clean" without needing to reinstall it.

It does not at all affect the usage of the PC, but it's a bit annoying.

Then live with it.

Might want to set the psw manually, but the message you get, indicates processes within Win, that take more time to close/shut down than you like.

Registry clean might help but that is Super User level of task (since you can corrupt your OS, if you again stumble around within key system settings). So, if you have no clue on how to do registry clean, then it isn't wise for me to explain it either.