Anyone else have multiple issues with 1tb WD Blue (WD10EZEX)?

ocmusicjunkie

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
So I was all about these drives due to their cost, transfer speed and the Western Digital reliability record compared to others as of late. However, I am wondering now if the whole run of these drives is flawed somehow.

So I have three of these, all in different systems for storage drives (no OS, only data backup). All were purchased at once, about 3 months ago. So far, one totally failed a month ago and was RMA'ed for another, which then had eight sectors fail the first day of use, corrupting the file system. That disk now is being sent back, and out of nowhere another one of the drives in a different system just had a read error and shows 1 pending sector with a caution status in Crystal Disk Info. So, I fear that will soon be dying given the recent events. I'm wondering if the same is shortly behind for the third drive of the original three now.

WD will ONLY replace these with re-certified drives under RMA, even when threatened with losing the future business of a system builder who runs 10+ of their disks at home and who has had recert drives fail already during the process. Is anyone else having issues with this model one after the other?

Solution
Hello,

I would recommend you replacing these hard drives. I had them in my HP as a RAID 0, 3 month later one of them crashed out of nowhere. I called WD they said that they will pay for data recovery. I found one company, they told me to buy one hard drive for donor, found on google shopping my model WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 If I had to buy this and pay for data recovery by myself I would go crazy, prices are insane. I can't believe that hard drive could die 3 month later. I don't have trust for this model , but WDC have the best customer service.

mister_twister

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
Hello,

I would recommend you replacing these hard drives. I had them in my HP as a RAID 0, 3 month later one of them crashed out of nowhere. I called WD they said that they will pay for data recovery. I found one company, they told me to buy one hard drive for donor, found on google shopping my model WD10EZEX-00RKKA0 If I had to buy this and pay for data recovery by myself I would go crazy, prices are insane. I can't believe that hard drive could die 3 month later. I don't have trust for this model , but WDC have the best customer service.

Solution