Anyone else having this problem?

spykam22

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Hello,

I recently built my PC (i7 2600k, 16GB Ram, MSI Z68MA-ED55 (B3)) and after a few days, I started getting an error message like this: "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7 (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I'm not sure but I think it might be something Windows Update installed because my old PC started doing this too while I was on YouTube. I tried reinstalling the drivers and still had the problem. Anyone else having this problem? How could I fix this?

spykam22

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
No. I will be getting one for my birthday (in november) or if I get enough money to buy one before then (I want a gtx 670). I've been thinking. The error says "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows 7 (R) stopped responding and has successfully recovered". I just reinstalled windows and am still getting the error. I looked on Intel's site and noticed that there were to seperate drivers (Intel HD Graphics Driver and Intel Graphics Accelerator). Could it be that maybe windows installed the latest Intel HD 3000 driver but not the latest accelerator driver therefore causing the PC to do this because the accelerator driver is outdated? Sometimes when it freezes, I have to force power off because the reset button doesn't work (works when not frozen). Also, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

spykam22

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
@apache_lives I tried memtest (it was in the bios) and it passed. I updated the BIOS before I started getting the errors.

@timbob13 I re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and turned off Windows Update.

@sykozis I just installed the drivers but I'm still getting the problem.

I read online that it could be the GPU Voltage in BIOS. It was 0.432V. I just changed it to 1.000V. I'm using an iGPU. Is that ok? Also, I've been playing games like Garry's Mod, CSS, Max Payne 2, Medal of Honor: Airborne, Star Trek Online, Just Cause 2 demo (maxed without aa, shadows on low, and ssao off at 800 x 600 at 40FPS if I remember) using the UDK and Unity Game Engine. Could the games I play be the problem?

Also, I never overclocked my PC.

coretempvolt.png

inanition02

Distinguished
You shouldn't have the Intel GMA driver installed, that's for older technology. You should have the newer HD series driver installed. Try uninstalling ALL graphics drivers (how many adapters does it show in your device manager?)

spykam22

Honorable
Jul 7, 2012
Device Manager only shows one display adapter. My PC is to the point where it does the problem over and over again until it goes to the Blue Screen of Death. I get code 116.

TRENDING THREADS