Anyone ever actually played Epic levels?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ian R Malcomson wrote:
> In message <4322247F.1040909@obvioussgeinc.com>, Sea Wasp
> <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> writes

>> ITYM "Galactus". And he's not powerful enough, either.
>

> Right, yes, him. I think I'll walk away from this thread now, muttering
> something along the lines of "pangalactic megalomania" :|

PAN-MULTIVERSAL, thanks very much. :D

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

KAOS

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
<seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:04:14 GMT, Sea Wasp
>
>>> I STARTED with AMBER as the base for that campaign. Then I ramped the
>>>power level up. WAY up.
>>

>> And you've got a 3' schlong.
>>

> Hong does this better than you.

Not lately, owing to absence.

--
The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out
the conservative adopts them.

Kaos wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
> <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:
>

>>Kaos wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:04:14 GMT, Sea Wasp

>>>And you've got a 3' schlong.
>>>

>> Hong does this better than you.
>

> Not lately, owing to absence.

Alas. Without Hong, we can't bring threads like this to a climax,
IYKWIM, AITYD.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Dragonkat wrote:
> AMBER, interesting system. Do they still publish it?

As far as I know. I haven't heard of it going out of print. It's not
tremendously widely distributed but I've never had trouble finding copies.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Sea Wasp wrote:
> Dragonkat wrote:
> > AMBER, interesting system. Do they still publish it?
> >

> As far as I know. I haven't heard of it going out of print. It's not
> tremendously widely distributed but I've never had trouble finding copies.

It was recently acquired by GoO. Last I heard, they were planning to
re-release Wujcik's diceless design and also release a Tri-Stat
version. I don't know how GoO's recent restructuring may have altered
these plans.

--
Justin Alexander Bacon
http://www.thealexandrian.net

Sea Wasp wrote:
> Justin Bacon wrote:
> > Sea Wasp wrote:

> >> As far as I know. I haven't heard of it going out of print. It's not
> >>tremendously widely distributed but I've never had trouble finding copies.
> >

> > It was recently acquired by GoO. Last I heard, they were planning to
> > re-release Wujcik's diceless design and also release a Tri-Stat
> > version. I don't know how GoO's recent restructuring may have altered
> > these plans.
>
> Well, that's possibly not-good, given what James Nicoll posted
> recently RE Guardians.

I can't seem to locate any post by Nicoll discussing GoO recently. Is
it anything different than the fact they've hit financial difficulty
and laid off their entire staff?

Frankly, I think they were asking for it when they arranged to publish
not only AMBER but TEKUMEL. Maybe they were hoping the mutual curses
would cancel each other out?

--

Kaos wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
> <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:
>

>>Kaos wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:04:14 GMT, Sea Wasp

>>>And you've got a 3' schlong.
>>>

>> Hong does this better than you.
>

> Not lately, owing to absence.

Hong does you better than this.

Justin Bacon wrote:
> Sea Wasp wrote:

>> Well, that's possibly not-good, given what James Nicoll posted
>>recently RE Guardians.
>

> I can't seem to locate any post by Nicoll discussing GoO recently. Is
> it anything different than the fact they've hit financial difficulty
> and laid off their entire staff?

Well, that would EXPLAIN what James posted, which was on his LJ, that
he would strongly NOT recommend freelancing for them, as they haven't
paid him for a lot of work he's done.

> Frankly, I think they were asking for it when they arranged to publish
> not only AMBER but TEKUMEL. Maybe they were hoping the mutual curses
> would cancel each other out?

Maybe they should've tried The Arcanum at the same time.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\
Live Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seawasp/

KAOS

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:42:57 -0700, Some Guy <someguy@thedoor.gov>
dared speak in front of ME:

>Kaos wrote:
>> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 13:10:06 GMT, Sea Wasp
>> <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> dared speak in front of ME:

>>> Hong does this better than you.
>>

>> Not lately, owing to absence.
>>

>Hong does you better than this.