Anyone experiencing screen flickers new graphics card.

skele

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I recently upgraded my card from AMD 4XXX Series to 7850 2GB, I am now experencing this flickers on the screen when playing games (Visible on dark color). Is it the drivers, or card? My monitor is fine, I don't see any issues with card unless I'm missing something on here. Thanks in advance! :sweat:

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
most likely is the driver.
Did you download the new driver?

If you only installed the one that came with the card, then is probably outdated.
Also check on either or both the manufacturer and AMD for any possible firmware upgrade.

skele

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
Do I have to make sure the graphic card is snapped in, does not snapping in causes issue? My monitor works and my display setting says my car is working properly. So should I try to snap it in or leave it as it is since my card is working property.

skele

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

Here's what I am afraid of, pushing firmly down and seated it. But it's not seated in even tho it fits, all card should snap in no matter what excuses I have, I just don't want to break the card as I am pushing it firmly. So should I push a bit harder?

skele

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

Do you think/know that is the cause for the screen that flickers?

JukeBox360

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I've gotten this issue from time to time as well. I've had no idea what the issue is. Thing is I've had this issue with any GPU I've ever owned. Odds of me placing all of them in the wrong way?

check the video card control panel see if it a v-sink setting with the card or the game v-sink. setting. some older games used to lock the v-sink and it causes flickering on some games and monitors because it locked at 59-57 frames and some people can see the flickers. sett if the game help fourm has a line setting to unlock the frame rate to max.

skele

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

V-Sync or V-sink, if it's a sink, then let me know how do I get to that option. And I just raise the hertz to 75 by using AMD Vision Control Center, hope that done no harm on my card and monitor, I have another question, just found this out actually, I have DVI-D plug on the back of my LG Flatron W2061TQ monitor 20" should I just get the cord so I don't have to use DVI to VGA using adapter for VGA, should this help with flickering?

skele

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012

Currently I have VGA cord with DVI adapter (just making sure I clear that out) so I should get the DVI cord and hopefully that should resolve the issues. Hopefully best buy opens tomorrow on memorial day :-/

randomkid

Distinguished

If the game you are playing is skyrim, yes. I experience the same. It is driver issue but is supposed to be fixed in 12.4 & come to think of it, I do not notice this anymore after the upgrade of CCC.

skele

Honorable
Mar 13, 2012
I replaced the cord to DVI-D/HDMI and the flickering stops, but now I am experiencing the pixel flickers moving around the screen so it's not a dead pixel but something eh -_-