Anyone familiar with the grey screen of death problem? (VRAM overheating maybe?)

Calvinb81

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I have gotten a new PSU, Motherboard and CPU and tested with different RAM yet the problem where my screens will just get grey/white vertical lines across them still persists. This leads me to believe that the problem is with my GPU.

Has anyone any knowledge in this area and is there anyway I would be able to fix it? If not I guess i'll save for a 970. (I have tried setting my default fan speed high, that doesn't work)

http://s26.postimg.org/7yvepghrt/IMG_20141022_181719.jpg is what it looks like (not my image)

Calvinb81

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Yeah think i'm gonna go for a 970. Just found it weird that the card worked 100% fine until the grey screen problem randomly popped up

Calvinb81

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013

Nah i've tried many different versions of drivers, might just claim it as dead idk... kinda annoying that it works PERFECTLY until the grey screen problem pops up.

Also, i'd like to add, after the problem happens and I have to turn my PC off, it doesn't boot up properly (power doesn't go to monitors or peripherals ) until It randomly decides it wants to boot up after turning it on and off again and again. However if I remove the GPU completely it powers up just fine.

TRENDING THREADS