[SOLVED] Anyone finding the new NVIDIA drivers causing any issues?

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
I installed the new windows 20H2 on my PC, then a new driver. Got the driver 522.25, then a day or two later, kept getting blue screens. and blue screen viewer showed ntoskrnl.exe+3f8f60.
PC specs: I7 4790k
16gbs of ddr3 ram
2060 SUPER
Using DDU after a few failed attempts finally uninstalled the drivers and a fresh reinstall fixed everything.
ran stress tests for over 12 hours and pc running fine for a week nearly.
Then my dads pc got the same issue
from the driver
3950 and 2080 ti
same ddu and reinstall fixed it
when i got home
Now i installed the windows update again and the same driver, on my home pc (3080 TI and i9 9900ks and after two days of lower then normal performance, got a blue screen on this PC with the same errors. 3 pc's in a row. DDU and a fresh install fixed all the issues This can't be a coincidence can it?
3 pc's with same error

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Windows 10 has gone past 20h2 to 21h2 to 22h2. You may be experiencing gyp with DCH compliant drivers on earlier versions of Windows.

What you might need to do is download the 21h2 iso from an external website and then use Rufus to create a setup usb from the iso and then use windows update to install all updates and then update to 22h2 and then use the media creation tool to make a 22h2 usb stub and download the iso for storage.

Should also use magical jellybean keyfinder to retrieve your windows 10 license key and write it down before you do any of that and if you haven't done so already you should have all your PC's and Windows registered with a Microsoft account so you don't lose it.

New windows 20h2 don't know where you got the idea from. Windows 10 & 11 are 22h2 now.
I meant 22h2

Colif

Win 11 Master
Seems lots of people had problems with that driver - link
There was a problem with drivers and Cyberpunk but a hot fix is meant to be installed automatically if you have game.
Advice is to use the previous driver.

I have that driver listed and haven't had any BSOD.

Should also use magical jellybean keyfinder to retrieve your windows 10 license key and write it down before you do any of that and if you haven't done so already you should have all your PC's and Windows registered with a Microsoft account so you don't lose it.
you don't need to do that, the windows activation servers will have all that info, all you do when asked for licence key is click "i don't have one" and servers will do rest once you get to desktop after install. If WIn 10 been on PC before, it can always be installed again.

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Seems lots of people had problems with that driver - link
There was a problem with drivers and Cyberpunk but a hot fix is meant to be installed automatically if you have game.
Advice is to use the previous driver.

I have that driver listed and haven't had any BSOD.

you don't need to do that, the windows activation servers will have all that info, all you do when asked for licence key is click "i don't have one" and servers will do rest once you get to desktop after install. If WIn 10 been on PC before, it can always be installed again.
Since from what you said about it being two diffent ram sticks, they both have the same name and model numbers, but the models serial codes are diffent. I really need the 32gbs. So should I just buy a new set of 32gbs of ram?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Intel CPU normally better at coping with sticks that weren't sold as a set
8192MB3200MHzCorsairCMW16GX4M2C3200C16
8192MB3200MHzCorsairCMWX8GD3200C16W4
8192MB3200MHzCorsairCMW16GX4M2C3200C16
8192MB3200MHzCorsairCMWX8GD3200C16W4
from looking you have 1 set of 2 x 8gb and 2 individual sticks. Generally the 1st number after CMW is the size of the set

You might be fine with them as is. How long you used them like that?

BSOD blamed Nvidia - link - so if you rolled back to a previous Nvidia driver, and don't get any more BSOD, it should be fine.

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Maybe a year been using them, and this is probably my 2nd blue screen in maybe a year and half. And my other pc got the same error when using that driver too. The ram sticks look the same, 4x8 and all at same speed and have the same name. There all also only 8gb sticks each. So a totally of 32gbs.

StephenB95

Reputable
May 2, 2020
Hey man just got a new blue screen called Just got a SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE, never saw this one before. Was on fifa for 8 hours, closed the game and went and got food, came back and clicked on a discord dm and got it, i'm wondering if upgrading to latest nvida driver last week might of been a bad idea. As nothing happened since i last messaged you. But never saw this blue screen before. (it was grand for the week, maybe the windows updates screwed it up.)

TRENDING THREADS