Anyone get a memory.dll:sanity Check error in BF2 ever?

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I just got one in the middle of a game. Booted me out to desktop.

Full error:

Memory.dll:sanity check:block size 2125836 (20.27 MB) doesnt seem sane

anyone know what this means and how i can fix it? I am guessing it
might not be a BF2 bug though but a problem with my system?

My system specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU
Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard
1.0 GB DDR 333MHZ PC2700 RAM (Kingston ValueRAM)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 129 video card
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Platnium Pro
2x120 GB Western Digital HD's
1x160 GB Western Digital Serial ATA HD
Samsung SyncMaster 730B 17in Flatscreen Monitor
Plantronics DSP 500 Headphone with MIC
M$ Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard
Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse

Thanks for any help on this matter!

Moondog2010

Archived from groups: (More info?)

restore your registry and stay away from mods ;)

"Moondog" <Moondog@home.com> wrote in message

> I just got one in the middle of a game. Booted me out to desktop.
>
> Full error:
>
> Memory.dll:sanity check:block size 2125836 (20.27 MB) doesnt seem sane
>
> anyone know what this means and how i can fix it? I am guessing it
> might not be a BF2 bug though but a problem with my system?
>
> My system specs:
> Windows XP Pro SP2
> Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU
> Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard
> 1.0 GB DDR 333MHZ PC2700 RAM (Kingston ValueRAM)
> ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 129 video card
> SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Platnium Pro
> 2x120 GB Western Digital HD's
> 1x160 GB Western Digital Serial ATA HD
> Samsung SyncMaster 730B 17in Flatscreen Monitor
> Plantronics DSP 500 Headphone with MIC
> M$ Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard
> Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse
>
> Thanks for any help on this matter!
>
> Moondog2010

Malcolm

Moondog wrote:

> I just got one in the middle of a game. Booted me out to desktop.
>
> Full error:
>
> Memory.dll:sanity check:block size 2125836 (20.27 MB) doesnt seem sane
>
> anyone know what this means and how i can fix it? I am guessing it
> might not be a BF2 bug though but a problem with my system?
>
> My system specs:
> Windows XP Pro SP2
> Pentium 4 2.53 GHz CPU
> Intel D845PEBT2 Motherboard
> 1.0 GB DDR 333MHZ PC2700 RAM (Kingston ValueRAM)
> ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 129 video card
> SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Zs Platnium Pro
> 2x120 GB Western Digital HD's
> 1x160 GB Western Digital Serial ATA HD
> Samsung SyncMaster 730B 17in Flatscreen Monitor
> Plantronics DSP 500 Headphone with MIC
> M$ Wireless Desktop Elite Keyboard
> Logitech MX518 Optical Mouse
>
> Thanks for any help on this matter!
>
> Moondog2010

thats a Trojan or Virus doing that.
SpybotSD, AVG, Hijackthis, Coolwebshredder etc etc.
should be able to cure this.

Jan286

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Moondog wrote:
thats a Trojan or Virus doing that.
SpybotSD, AVG, Hijackthis, Coolwebshredder etc etc.
should be able to cure this.

thats not true my PC is clean and I still get that error sometimes. Some people say it has to do with SATA drives but I don't think its that.

I have all the latest drivers for my system and I still have issues with the game.

SrgtSeverus

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
WindowsXP-KB924867-x86-ENU.exe (just google it, I'm too lazy to post the link)
hotfix from Microsoft, this solves the hang on optimizing shaders screen and some people have stated fixes above error as well, something to do with block size that was messed up in an update they released some time ago.