Anyone good with computers?

sicktricks77

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Recently been playing on a PC with the following specs:

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (10-10-10-30)
Motherboard MSI Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) (SOCKET 0)
Graphics 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Gigabyte)

Before my GTX 1050 TI upgrade I was using a 650, I was doing most games with high FPS and high settings, now I get lowish FPS on all titles, constant screen tearing etc.

My monitors: DELL U2414H (1920x1080@60Hz) K242HYL (1920x1080@60Hz) ((both used my old gfx card with 0 problems)

Can anyone help me with the issue? I've did DDU\vsync etc, I constantly get screen tears + low fps on settings my 650 did flawlessly.

Solution
How to use afterburner + rivatuner:
Install both
In msi's option there's a tab for monitoring
U can tick the show on-screen display choice on the components u want to test
Then, customize the OSD layout in rivatuner

If u're considering on returning:
U can just ask for a replacement, the 1050ti is still an amazing improvement, however, if u manage find a good price on 1060 3gb, the performance leap is going to be even better
However, it's best to test ur gpu first before opting for this
i upgrade from a GT 630 to a 1050ti and i got massive performance increase no buts

u must've done something wrong, either that or the part u get is defective

have u done a clean reinstall of the driver? update it to the latest version?
have u plug the cable to the GPU port instead of the mobo port?

sicktricks77

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
I just did a clean reinstall - league looks a lot better, but world of warcraft I get decent fps + tons of screen tearing, which my old GPU never did

ofc my cable is in my gpu and not my mobo

does this happen to all games or just some?
try to use MSI afterburner + Rivatuner's OSD utility to check your hardware performance during gaming
this should give us better info on which part is problematic
do u have any other rig to test the GPU? perhaps it's a defective unit?

sicktricks77

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017

Mostly on World of Warcraft, my friend with a GTX 750ti gets around the same fps as me on the same settings, I just feel my gpu isnt as strong as it could be especially when compared to my old 650

I don't have a way to test it on another rig, how do i use MSI afterburner + rivatuner's OSD

plus I have awful screen tearing

sicktricks77

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
replaced it with my 650 and get overall better graphics\fps\etc, im guessing I just have a faulty graphics card?

can anyone link me to a different graphics card I should buy if I return this one?

How to use afterburner + rivatuner:
Install both
In msi's option there's a tab for monitoring
U can tick the show on-screen display choice on the components u want to test
Then, customize the OSD layout in rivatuner

If u're considering on returning:
U can just ask for a replacement, the 1050ti is still an amazing improvement, however, if u manage find a good price on 1060 3gb, the performance leap is going to be even better
However, it's best to test ur gpu first before opting for this

Solution
Try putting back the 650 and see if the problem is fixed or not. There is a good chance you messed something up in the process of switching GPU's, which will remain. If it does go back to normal, then you can assume it is a problem with the GPU.

You might also download the latest drivers from Nvidia and install those if you haven't already. The ones that come on the CD that comes with the GPU are often problematic. You also might need new drivers for the new GPU, if you didn't update them at all.

"replaced it with my 650 and get overall better graphics\fps\etc"

u didn't read his post?

also, it's best to get the latest best driver version FOR ur GPU, using the detect function Nvidia provide in their website :)

That could be the problem. If their detect software made an error. Try manually selecting the proper drivers.