[SOLVED] Anyone have a Be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4?

Wonderclam

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
I ordered this cpu cooler. I have an am4 motherboard. Do I need to replace the stock backplate behind the cpu? Or do I just need to unscrew the 2 front retention tabs where the cpu is?

I really dont want to take the motherboard out of the case

Solution
I ordered this cpu cooler. I have an am4 motherboard. Do I need to replace the stock backplate behind the cpu? Or do I just need to unscrew the 2 front retention tabs where the cpu is?

I did an Intel install and required the backplate, but I think that you will use the stock backplate -- take a look at the first couple minutes of the install video AMD portion (comes at the beginning) HERE.

RealBeast

Titan

I did an Intel install and required the backplate, but I think that you will use the stock backplate -- take a look at the first couple minutes of the install video AMD portion (comes at the beginning) HERE.

Solution
May 5, 2020

I just installed this in my case and you will need to take it out. I tried to do everything in the case and it was a pain. Ended up just removing the board. I would recommend swapping the back plate as the one that comes with the Pro 4 appears to be some form of metal. Other coolers I used in the past tend to use plastic ones.