Anyone have an idea?

G

I had this problem about a month ago and cleared it up until yesterday

Board: KT7-RAID
CPU: T-Bird 1 gig
Video: Asus V7700 GeForce2 GTS 64 DDR
Driver: v6.49 win2k
RAM: 256 Micron PC-133
Sound: Creative Soundblaster Live (X-gamer)
Driver: basic 2K drivers as the Creative drivers give me fits

Now my problem occures in games (Asheron's Call, Diablo II, AOEII (AOK). Will run fine for about 30 minutes then computer reboots. First time this happened, I adjusted some settings, I/O voltage, Hardware Accer stepped down, set to 2X AGP, set driver control to EA, Upgraded Direct X8,latest VIA 4-1, tried differant video drivers(Asus and Nvidia) and got it to work problem free. Now all of the sudden, a month later, it is doing it once again. Anyone have an idea of what to try next?

Thanks

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I had the same problem with my KT7 and a Visiontek Geforce265 SDR. Upgrading to the WZ (and later) BIOS improved the situation but did not eliminate it. Then at <A HREF="http://www.geforcefaq.com" target="_new">www.geforcefaq.com</A> I read that for the combination of an Athlon and a Geforce256 it is recommended that your PSU be able to supply 20 amps on the +3.3volt line. Since my cheap 300-watt unit could only supply 14 amps peak I decided to upgrade to a 330-watt Enermax unit. This PSU can supply 30 amps max on that line (and 32 amps on the +5volt line).

I haven't had a problem since I upgraded (about six months ago).

Enermax now has a 350-watt unit, with slightly better specs in place of my old unit. The new model costs about $55 USD, internet pricing.

Would you like a Quarter Pounder?
No, thank you. Just give me the BIG heatsink. It's an Athlon.

G

I had the same problem while playing Diablo II, turned out my video card was overheating. I moved cards away from the AGP card and added another case fan and it's been fine since. ;)

G

Yes, I bet it's overheating. move any PCI cards out of the first slot to give it some breathing room. I had the same problem with a voodoo5 5500agp. The reason it started up again after time, is probably due to dust build up, this will greatly affect cooling, it is a good idea to blow out the dust every so often.