Anyone have any experience with the Asus X58 Rampage III motherboards?

speach

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
Hey lurkers, I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Asus X58 Rampage III Gene, Formula, Extreme or Black editions. I'm looking to pick one up for a family member and I was wondering if there are any common problems or issues with these boards that people have experienced. I've been a pretty staunch Gigabyte and EVGA customer in the past and this will be my 3rd Asus board ever so I don't have a ton of experience when it comes to their bios/components. I will be using an i7 990X with it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
I built my Rampage III Formula / 980X system in 2010 It's still a great system. Asus's ratings seem to have slipped quite a bit lately but, in 2010 and 2011 when the Rampage III's were being sold, Asus had the best ratings on Newegg.

patseguin

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Yep I built my i7 Extreme system back in 2011 and it's the best mobo I've ever owned. Not a single problem with it. I was always a Gigabyte guy too but this mobo really has been great.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I built my Rampage III Formula / 980X system in 2010 It's still a great system. Asus's ratings seem to have slipped quite a bit lately but, in 2010 and 2011 when the Rampage III's were being sold, Asus had the best ratings on Newegg.

Solution