Question Anyone have any luck with Newegg Shuffle for graphics cards?

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
Four days in a row now, still not selected. I don't even care that they're selling combos I just want the card lol
However, the RTX 3080 with the QHD monitor that isn't even Gsync compatible seems pointless, I'd probably sell that for a FAIR price
I'm thinking about maybe going with the 3090 and not have to possibly worry about getting a new GPU for at least 5 or so years

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I won on Monday an overpriced 6700xt and MB cobco for about $1100
I didnt want it but son in law did.
Seems the AMD cards are overpriced compared to the competing Nvidia models right now. Plus the B450 MB wasnt what I want.
I entered probably 45x before I finally won.
I check everything. I wish I won a 30 series card...

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
Perhaps we should start a newegg shuffle overflow thread for people to offer up the stuff they don't want?

That wouldn't be a bad idea, no scalpers of course.
I came close to ALMOST paying 2k for a 3080, but wisdom prevailed how stupid of a choice that would have been.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Four days in a row now, still not selected. I don't even care that they're selling combos I just want the card lol
However, the RTX 3080 with the QHD monitor that isn't even Gsync compatible seems pointless, I'd probably sell that for a FAIR price
I'm thinking about maybe going with the 3090 and not have to possibly worry about getting a new GPU for at least 5 or so years

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I've signed up a few times. Usually pick the ones with X570 motherboards, wouldn't mind off loading those boards to people that want them. Just casually trying to get an RTX 3070.

I avoid the ones bundled with monitors, since that would be annoying to ship. My classic PG279Q needs to last another few years to justify the ludicrous price I paid for it.

Reactions: Bassman999
Tom's already has a rather large thread with many commenting on the same question:
i got a TUF RX 6700 XT for a good price the week they dropped.
though it's a nice card; runs cool & quiet, overclocks easily, etc
it's a bit underwhelming performance-wise.
slightly better than my previous GTX 1080 Ti, but nowhere near the RTX 3090 i've been searching for.

also won the chance at an RTX 3080 last week,
but declined due to it being a Gigabyte version and the Gigabyte PSU included being low quality for a high price.
just decided would rather not bother reselling some garbage like that and would rather wait for a better card.

I think alot more people are signing up since then.
yes, with Tom's, Reddit, Gamespot, and many more all putting out articles every other day about how to join and enter the shuffles there is far less chance of winning everyday.
Also many users on all of the platforms telling others to join and try their luck in almost every thread regarding a GPU isn't helping our odds either.

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
Tom's already has a rather large thread with many commenting on the same question:
i got a TUF RX 6700 XT for a good price the week they dropped.
though it's a nice card; runs cool & quiet, overclocks easily, etc
it's a bit underwhelming performance-wise.
slightly better than my previous GTX 1080 Ti, but nowhere near the RTX 3090 i've been searching for.

but declined due to it being a Gigabyte version and the Gigabyte PSU included being low quality for a high price.
just decided would rather not bother reselling some garbage like that and would rather wait for a better card.

yes, with Tom's, Reddit, Gamespot, and many more all putting out articles every other day about how to join and enter the shuffles there is far less chance of winning everyday.
Also many users on all of the platforms telling others to join and try their luck in almost every thread regarding a GPU isn't helping our odds either.

I wonder how many of those are scalpers with VPNs

DSzymborski

Titan

I got my 3080 in January and it had the Gigabyte PSU, but to my delight, the Gigabyte PSU was out of stock, so it was removed from the bundle in my cart. Naturally, this greatly pleased me. After months of trying to add a bundle to the cart every night at 7:30 PM or so and the GPU always getting removed, it was nice to see the thing I didn't want get removed.

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
I got my 3080 in January and it had the Gigabyte PSU, but to my delight, the Gigabyte PSU was out of stock, so it was removed from the bundle in my cart. Naturally, this greatly pleased me. After months of trying to add a bundle to the cart every night at 7:30 PM or so and the GPU always getting removed, it was nice to see the thing I didn't want get removed.

How is it? I finally am going QHD when if I'm ever allowed to pay for one lol
I see the ray tracing benchmarks are much improved for the 30 series

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
a yte 3080nds a great card except he stock thermal pads are marshmallows. I bought replacements. I still need t find time to replace them.

I was hitting 84c memory junction temps while playing games in 1080p in 21c room. The core temp is like 55-60c during that time.
I am running an EVGA 3060 XC right now instead till I re-pad 3080, and mem temps never hit 55c or 48c with fan curve optimised on 3060

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
a yte 3080nds a great card except he stock thermal pads are marshmallows. I bought replacements. I still need t find time to replace them.

I was hitting 84c memory junction temps while playing games in 1080p in 21c room. The core temp is like 55-60c during that time.
I am running an EVGA 3060 XC right now instead till I re-pad 3080, and mem temps never hit 55c or 48c with fan curve optimised on 3060

Do you have the EVGA 3080? The different manufacturers likely have different parts in their builds
That's insane though, that was the GPU temp? 84c

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
Do you have the EVGA 3080? The different manufacturers likely have different parts in their builds
That's insane though, that was the GPU temp? 84c
No I have an EVGA 3060 and a Gigabyte 3080.
The 3080 had mem temps high, but core clos=cks were very respectable.
I have a prebuilt coming with an Asus TUF 3080 and they are supposed to be built better.Ill know in a week or so.
3060s also have GDDR6 memory vs The 3080s having GDDR6X memory and it runs much hotter

Duder666

Prominent
Aug 10, 2020
No I have an EVGA 3060 and a Gigabyte 3080.
The 3080 had mem temps high, but core clos=cks were very respectable.
I have a prebuilt coming with an Asus TUF 3080 and they are supposed to be built better.Ill know in a week or so.
3060s also have GDDR6 memory vs The 3080s having GDDR6X memory and it runs much hotter

So was it constantly overheating and throttling then?

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
So was it constantly overheating and throttling then?
No throttling, but I tried mining with this card.
It mines well, but hit 110C on the memory and was throttling.
Normal monitoring sw doesnt show memory temp so I had no idea why the fans were screaming when th GPU core temp was 55c.
I did some research and found HWinfo64 and it shows memory temps for GDDR6X.
Ill try mining with it again when I redo the thermal pads with quality ones.
Shame on you Gigabyte selli ng a $1079 retail price GPU with crappy cooling solution!
$1408 BestBuy
$1079 Newegg