Anyone have experience with Symbol Spectrum 24 mode 2030 ?

Ed

I have a Spectrum 24 model 2030 AP hooked into my network. I can
connect to it as far as it showing a wireless network connection.
Signal strength excellent. But I cannot access it or anything beyond
it.
When plugging in my belkin at the same time, I am able to access the
Spectrum AP, itself telneting in and configuring etc.
I have the Spectrum 24 setup with a IP address with the gateway being
one of the PC's on the network.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Ed

"Ed" <me@mycrazyhome.org> wrote in message
> I have a Spectrum 24 model 2030 AP hooked into my network. I can
> connect to it as far as it showing a wireless network connection.
> Signal strength excellent. But I cannot access it or anything beyond
> it.
> When plugging in my belkin at the same time, I am able to access the
> Spectrum AP, itself telneting in and configuring etc.
> I have the Spectrum 24 setup with a IP address with the gateway being
> one of the PC's on the network.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated
>

> Ed

Your Belkin what? Plugging into what? The Spectrum AP?

As near as I can see on Symbol's web-site, there is no such thing as a model
2030 AP. There is a model 2030 handheld barcode scanner. Spectrum24 APs
come in models 4131, 4121, and 3021. If you're using the model 3021, we
have found your problem: it only supports 2 Mbps 802.11, not 802.11b.

For any IP device, the Default Gateway should be set to the address of a
router on the same network (LAN segment) that will route you toward the
Internet. If the PC you mentioned is running ICS (or equivalent software)
and will route you toward the Internet, then you've chosen correctly;
otherwise, not.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:17:05 -0400, Ed <me@mycrazyhome.org> wrote:

>I have a Spectrum 24 model 2030 AP hooked into my network. I can
>connect to it as far as it showing a wireless network connection.
>Signal strength excellent. But I cannot access it or anything beyond
>it.
>When plugging in my belkin at the same time, I am able to access the
>Spectrum AP, itself telneting in and configuring etc.
>I have the Spectrum 24 setup with a IP address with the gateway being
>one of the PC's on the network.

The Spectrum 24 product line is Frequency Hopping, not Direct Sequence
spread spectrum. Both FHSS and DSSS are 802.11 compatible. You'll be
able to talk to Breezecom/Alvarion and Raylink radios, but nothing
else.
http://www.symbol.com/products/wireless/wireless_sp24_2mb_broch.html

# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us

Ed

No I plugged the Belkin AP into a switch. The Spectrum is plugged into
the switch as well, along with a desktop PC.
I was hoping to use the Spectrum as a AP for that network using a
laptop, because of the range capacity is supposed to have.

Ed