anyone have experience with this board

amdwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
I am needing so info on a gigabyte m61p-s3 I can not get my sytem to do a full boot into windows it starts to load then restarts every time?

amdwarrior

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Yes it is a valid version but. I also did not reformat I am going from a pent d 820 and a asrock dual vsta board. I swapped m/b's before they always boot then of course you have to install new drivers But this one has me stumped.

weilin

Distinguished
the hardware this time may be too different, you may have gotten away with it last time but the general rule is that if you swap hardware, you have to format before windowds work properly. time to put hte old board back to start backing stuff up....

Silviastud

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2007
the hardware this time may be too different, you may have gotten away with it last time but the general rule is that if you swap hardware, you have to format before windowds work properly. time to put hte old board back to start backing stuff up....

:trophy:

NamronSllim

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2007
Well in most cases you should always reformat if you change any major item in your computer. Up until my latest build I was always forced to do a reformat due to BSOD errors. Strangely enough my last upgrade I changed from a P4 3.2 865perl intel board with a MSI5950ultra 2 gigs of ram 4X512 to a EVGA680i E6600 EVGA8800GTX 2X1gb Kingston ram and the damn thing booted right to desktop and started to install drivers. Needless to say I popped my win xp cd in and reformatted anyway because I knew it would cause problems. Yours should work fine after format. Good luck