Question Anyone have/had the MSI GAMING X 1050ti? If so, is it a good card?

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I'm buying a GPU as a present for someone who's pc is too old for 1650 etc, and Gigabyte and MSI are pretty much the only ones selling 1050ti new. The MSI GAMING X looks like it has good build quality/features; just wondering if anyone's actually had one over time and if it held up, works well with Windows10. Is for a child so won't be being overclocked or anything; don't want it to have issues after install and I'm not there.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think there is really a way to go wrong here. Manufacturer's warranty should have you covered for a year at least.

I would say anything that can handle a 1050Ti should be able to handle a 1650. If it is old enough the UEFI BIOS issues are at play, then I usually recommend an AMD card, they tend to work better with older systems.

FYI Windows 10 has been around longer than the GTX 1050Ti.

alphacoyle

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
I don't think there is really a way to go wrong here. Manufacturer's warranty should have you covered for a year at least.

I would say anything that can handle a 1050Ti should be able to handle a 1650. If it is old enough the UEFI BIOS issues are at play, then I usually recommend an AMD card, they tend to work better with older systems.

FYI Windows 10 has been around longer than the GTX 1050Ti.
I considered an AMD card; but the only ones I could find new was a RX 550, if could have found a decent new 560 that'd been good; a 570 takes a lot of power and I think would be too hot in that enclosed case.
The reason I asked about windows 10 is have read some reviews that when certain updates were done it messed with their GPU software/drivers etc.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS