Question Anyone having this issue related with Amd Adrenaline?

raciel1921

Reputable
Dec 20, 2018
So I bought a new gpu a few days ago, RX 6600 XT (asrock RX 6600 XT Challenger D 8GB OC)

My pc is:

Ryzen 5 2600
16gb ram
Gtx 970
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 750W Gold
mother asus prime b450m-a
running on win 10.

After installing the adrenalin-edition-22.11.2 full install (yes I did a clean install before using DDU) I started noticing micro stutters and some weird artifacs while streaming videos on youtube, netflix, etc like every 15-10 min, while gaming just nothing, everything perfect but there was clearly something going on while using windows, hard to tell what but definitely there,
I disabled every single thing on the adrenaline configuration, still the issue was there, so I uninstalled everything and tried the pro drivers but this time I only installed the "driver only", this time everything was working perfectly, no more issues. I tried the pro version full install... same issue as before.
Then I tried the minimal install of the pro adrenaline and normal adrenaline, everything perfect.
So there is clearly a bug using the full install mode, something there causes issues, even if nothing is enable.

I was using the full install because I want to control the fan speed of the card and disable the stupid zero fan mode but I remember that msi afterburner has that option, so now I'm using the minimal install + afterburner and everything is working perfectly.

Did anyone experienced something similar? I've been reading on the net that some people experience black screen and such with the full installation mode using rx 66xx so maybe it's a common issue?
I want to know your experiences and also if someone is having a similar issue this topic might help them :)

I'm happy with the card but this leaves me with a bit of a bad taste really... I've been using nvidia drivers for many many years and never experienced something like this.

Have a great day-

Zenking9497

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
My first suggestion would be to roll back to at least 22.9.2 for the driver version, unless it has been patched the 22.11 has scripting errors that weren't caught by the driver writer team that AMD uses, and those scripting errors are causing incomplete compatibility with the 500, 5000, and 6000 series cards.

Reactions: raciel1921

raciel1921

Reputable
Dec 20, 2018
My first suggestion would be to roll back to at least 22.9.2 for the driver version, unless it has been patched the 22.11 has scripting errors that weren't caught by the driver writer team that AMD uses, and those scripting errors are causing incomplete compatibility with the 500, 5000, and 6000 series cards.
i installed the 22.5.1 and they seem to be working fine so far, drivers only, haven't tested anything else. Oh boy this is a mess really, with nvidia it was just install the drivers and go, here there are so many issues on windows... at least on games it's fine.

TRENDING THREADS