Question Anyone here still prefer Windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoffin1981

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
I realize how outdated the OS is, and I remember installing it with my new Intel rig in 2011 or 2012 I think it was. I am currently running a 2 year old rig with Windows 10, but I have my old one running side by side. I have some software that I could never get to run on a newer operating system, plus I love Win 7. It had been many years since I did a clean install so I elected to do so. I was very disappointed when I was not able to install ANY updates from Microsoft since the OS was no longer supported.

I love the look, the sound, and the feel of Win 7. Win 10 just never had the same appeal. Is there anyone else who has the same love/nostalgia for Windows 7? I found a youtuber who claims the updates are still available on the MS website and that it just takes a few extra steps, so I'm in the process of this now. I realize that it may not be as secure and I probably won't be filing my taxes or anything on it, but just for browsing and research I'm happy to use it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I haven't used it for 8 years.

You could run win 7 in a VM on a new PC and still have access to all those programs that don't work on 10. No need to keep two PC then.

Status
Not open for further replies.