Question Anyone know how to get Fallour 3 GOTY to launch on Windows 10?

Jul 2, 2021
When I try to play FO3 GOTY on steam I get the usual window telling me what settings the game is running on, but when I press play the game doesnt even launch.

I've tried running it as Administrator and changing compatibility mode to Vista SP2 with no luck.

Any ideas?

You need games for windows live installed.
It will launch and try to connect, won't be able to for a few minutes for all that time it will look like it's frozen, then ask you for a cd key cancel out of that and then your game will start.
I just went through this yesterday.

Jul 2, 2021
I just tried installing window live numerous times and all I get is a install failed due to network message. I guess I'll have to try it again at a location that has faster internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went through this a while ago; there's definitely a few fixes you need to do, though I was able to get the game running fine on steam in the end. I can't check since I'm at work right now, but I think most of the fixes can be found over at pcgamingwiki.com.

The one I remember for sure is you have to adjust the number of AI threads in the config file, or the game will consistently crash in battle; you might have to google that one.

ASK THE COMMUNITY