[SOLVED] Anyone know how to get Fallour 3 GOTY to launch on Windows 10?

Hemispheres

Commendable
Jul 2, 2021
When I try to play FO3 GOTY on steam I get the usual window telling me what settings the game is running on, but when I press play the game doesnt even launch.

I've tried running it as Administrator and changing compatibility mode to Vista SP2 with no luck.

Any ideas?

Solution
Went through this a while ago; there's definitely a few fixes you need to do, though I was able to get the game running fine on steam in the end. I can't check since I'm at work right now, but I think most of the fixes can be found over at pcgamingwiki.com.

The one I remember for sure is you have to adjust the number of AI threads in the config file, or the game will consistently crash in battle; you might have to google that one.
You need games for windows live installed.
It will launch and try to connect, won't be able to for a few minutes for all that time it will look like it's frozen, then ask you for a cd key cancel out of that and then your game will start.
I just went through this yesterday.

Hemispheres

Commendable
Jul 2, 2021
I just tried installing window live numerous times and all I get is a install failed due to network message. I guess I'll have to try it again at a location that has faster internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went through this a while ago; there's definitely a few fixes you need to do, though I was able to get the game running fine on steam in the end. I can't check since I'm at work right now, but I think most of the fixes can be found over at pcgamingwiki.com.

The one I remember for sure is you have to adjust the number of AI threads in the config file, or the game will consistently crash in battle; you might have to google that one.

Solution