Anyone know how to reset resolutions in Counterstrike Sourc?

G

Hey guys, while I was just OC my gpu card, I was also messing with my screen resolutions in Counterstrike Source in 16x10 ratio widescreen, yes my screen is that ratio. Usually I play at 800x600 to get better framerates, but it still looks really good.

Anyway, how will I reset it back to 8x6 because now I cant get into CS because my monitor says the frequencies are out of range in 16x10 ratio at a resolution of 1280x768 or 1360x768, whichever is right below 1440x900 which is my monitors maximum.

Anyone have an idea? I posted here because more people might have an answer.

Thanks.

Valtiel

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2005
Hey guys, while I was just OC my gpu card, I was also messing with my screen resolutions in Counterstrike Source in 16x10 ratio widescreen, yes my screen is that ratio. Usually I play at 800x600 to get better framerates, but it still looks really good.

Anyway, how will I reset it back to 8x6 because now I cant get into CS because my monitor says the frequencies are out of range in 16x10 ratio at a resolution of 1280x768 or 1360x768, whichever is right below 1440x900 which is my monitors maximum.

Thanks.

You go to the steam support site and go to Support then search for forcing video resolution.

There will be a way to force the video to default settings there.

G

OMG, my bad. I got worried and forgot about Steam forums, actualy I didn't even know they were there. I got it fixed anyway, so sorry.

Nice video, even though it was an insult to me, still pretty cool.

tamalero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006

Thanks.

there should be a way to start the game in "safe mode"
Im not sure but I think its inside your game options, Ie open steam, chose CS source, then check the options there...

or... you could always edit the config files..

but searching in the steampowered forums's is a must..