Anyone know of a cheap pci vid card with tv in/out

Eriond

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2001
I need something like around $50 pci, will work with win2k, has tv in/out/tuner. I have a GF2 GTS, so it doesn't have to be anything really fancy, just a decent picture and works correctly, heck, it can be completely reliant on my vid card for all else.

Thanks

G

Hi,
I had the same problem as you and I posted almost the same message as you to see which card I could get to obtain the TV/VIDEO in and outs to complement my Asus GeForce2 GTS. I never got a good answer and some people told me that was not possible. I was lucky enough and a friend of mine gave me a Zoltrix Genie TV he had lying around. I thought that the stupid thing would not work and that probably I would never find the driver or the software to work the card. I should tell you that I was wrong. I finally decided to give it a shot and found all the updated drivers and software complatible up to XP. I installed the card and it worked great. I have not had any problems so far. I can watch TV flawlessly. I don't know how much it is but it's definitely worth it. Here is the link if you want to read more about it.
http://www.zoltrix.com/products/video/8MMZXGENIE.htm
I think the card goes for around U$65 which more or less the budget you have. Great product at a great price. You can't go wrong.

TheMob