[SOLVED] Anyone know what manufactuer/model/brand this old psu is?

kentass

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
auyjYgU.jpeg

Solution
Thanks for such a quick reply. If you it is not too inconvieninent could you inquire me to the nitty gritty regarding the whole 310 to 530watts or reffer me to somewhere?
Ive actually had this on an old pc of mine from back in 2013 that ive used for about 18k hours (or so smart says) and im looking to upgrade it a bit. It doesnt seem to have any problems at the moment, but should i replace it just to be sure?

The problem also is that this isn't just an old, group-regulated PSU, but that it's also an off-brand. Known good power supplies are made by few companies and it's almost unheard of for there to be a good...

DSzymborski

Titan
310W of +12V power on a PSU that claims to be a 530W? This is a dodgy off-brand, so you'll have trouble finding its actual manufacturer. But its future is much more important than its past: being broken down into its components by a recycling center after never being connected to a PC you're not trying to murder out of spite.

If it came in a cardboard box, that's the most valuable component.

kentass

Reputable
Dec 18, 2020
310W of +12V power on a PSU that claims to be a 530W? This is a dodgy off-brand, so you'll have trouble finding its actual manufacturer. But its future is much more important than its past: being broken down into its components by a recycling center after never being connected to a PC you're not trying to murder out of spite.

If it came in a cardboard box, that's the most valuable component.
Thanks for such a quick reply. If you it is not too inconvieninent could you inquire me to the nitty gritty regarding the whole 310 to 530watts or reffer me to somewhere?
Ive actually had this on an old pc of mine from back in 2013 that ive used for about 18k hours (or so smart says) and im looking to upgrade it a bit. It doesnt seem to have any problems at the moment, but should i replace it just to be sure?

DSzymborski

Titan

The problem also is that this isn't just an old, group-regulated PSU, but that it's also an off-brand. Known good power supplies are made by few companies and it's almost unheard of for there to be a good PSU from a complete unknown.

And here's the thing, you don't know if you have any problems. Not everyone who eats a pound of bacon for breakfast every morning has a heart attack, but some do, and for many, they're unaware there's a problem before the heart attack. The awfulness of junk PSUs isn't just dramatic explosions, but the long, slow, killing of everything getting dirty power from it.

This should absolutely be replaced if you're actually using it.

Solution